Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 12:29 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,503,896 times

Advertisements

I have the bluetooth feature on in my car and if someone texts me, my car will send a text message back to that person that says "I'm Driving. Sent from My Car." Is there anyway to turn this off without turning off bluetooth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 04:06 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
I have the bluetooth feature on in my car and if someone texts me, my car will send a text message back to that person that says "I'm Driving. Sent from My Car." Is there anyway to turn this off without turning off bluetooth?
Why would you want to turn it off? So you can send a text while driving?

I think it is a good feature. That way the texter won't get offended if you don't respond for an hour and you won't be tempted to respond while you are driving.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:10 PM

I think the actual message comes across as a harsh tone. Is there a way to customize it? I actually do like the feature, just not the wording.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:28 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,868,948 times
That's a feature of the car. You're looking in the wrong place.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adyn View Post
That's a feature of the car. You're looking in the wrong place.
Why would it be a feature of the car when my iPhone never did this?

Old 04-09-2014, 07:14 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,034,158 times
Check your ChatOn settings. Even if you don't actually use ChatOn for texting.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:33 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,823,956 times
You must have an app installed that provides for auto-responding to text messages, based on the phones Location Services identifying your location as "In your car".

I can't help you with the first, but you can switch off the second by doing the following:
Settings; More; Location services; My Places; Car
Then select the method the phone uses to detect that you're in your car, and re-select it as "None".

Old 04-09-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
You must have an app installed that provides for auto-responding to text messages, based on the phones Location Services identifying your location as "In your car".

I can't help you with the first, but you can switch off the second by doing the following:
Settings; More; Location services; My Places; Car
Then select the method the phone uses to detect that you're in your car, and re-select it as "None".
Thank you! I'm a new S4 owner so if I can't figure it out I will go to Verizon and see if they can help in anyway as I have some other questions to ask. If they can't help, it's no big deal.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:40 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,868,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
Why would it be a feature of the car when my iPhone never did this?
Mention that next time. From your original post, you said your car texted someone an auto response. Mine does the same thing, and it's not my phone, it's my car. In my case, I cannot change the message that it appends. Well, I could, but I'd have to write a tasker script and LOLNO ain't nobody got time for that.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:02 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,034,158 times
It's AT&T Drive Mode. I just got an S4 two days ago and remembered this thread.

Dangers of Texting and Driving – Texting while Driving Accident Stories
Quote:
AT&T DriveMode®

Curb the urge to text while driving with the newly enhanced AT&T DriveMode® app.
When AT&T DriveMode is on and the vehicle is moving 25 mph, the app automatically sends a customizable auto-reply message to incoming texts*, letting your friends know you're behind the wheel and will reply when it's safe. And parents can receive text alerts on their phones when AT&T DriveMode has been turned off while the vehicle is moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones