Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 08:38 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times

Advertisements

Which one has a better camera, Samsung Galaxy S5 or iPhone 5?

I'd like to know which takes better quality photos especially when zooming in and it loses quality. And which one is better for taking pictures at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 08:11 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Everyone has their opinion. Here is a side by side test.

Smartphone Camera Face-Off: iPhone 5s vs. Galaxy S5

There is more to a camera than megapixals

Old 06-23-2014, 02:38 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
It all depends on what you like and what you want.

The Iphone syncs your music well with Itunes, the Itunes app for android does that pretty good.

I can tell you, from first hand knowledge of working customer complaints, I got way more complaints out of the Iphone then I ever did Android, especially samsung.

I like Android, but its what I've mostly always used. I have tried an Iphone, and I hate the operating system. I would advise you to go to a store and play with both a S5 and a 5S.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:42 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,168,126 times
Well, I have a Note 2 and an Iphone 5S.

If I could, I would get rid of the IPhone and use the Note 2, but, work is paying the bill so free trumps all.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:39 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
It all depends on what you like and what you want.

The Iphone syncs your music well with Itunes, the Itunes app for android does that pretty good.

I can tell you, from first hand knowledge of working customer complaints, I got way more complaints out of the Iphone then I ever did Android, especially samsung.

I like Android, but its what I've mostly always used. I have tried an Iphone, and I hate the operating system. I would advise you to go to a store and play with both a S5 and a 5S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Well, I have a Note 2 and an Iphone 5S.

If I could, I would get rid of the IPhone and use the Note 2, but, work is paying the bill so free trumps all.
My guess is the OP focused on the camera quality. The link says it all. Both phones are great.

Personally I do not care for Samsung products. Not very intuitive and the phone's (telephone) reception is always one bar less than the iPhone-side by side comparison with friends. When it came to trade in time, my son's S3 was worth $50, but the wife's iPhone 4S was worth $150 at AT&T.

But to each their own. People like their Samsung and iPhone devices. I am not an Apple fanboy. I just buy what I like the best. Our desktop and laptop computers are HP.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:34 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,955,538 times
I have a Galaxy S5, and my wife has an Iphone 5c. My phone almost always takes better pictures, and they are enormous when I put them on my computer. My wife sometimes asks for my phone to take a picture of something.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
They are not Samsung picking they are apple picking there is a reason

Old 06-24-2014, 11:54 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,955,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
They are not Samsung picking they are apple picking there is a reason
Whatever that means...

Apple has a cult following. Most of their customers will buy anything Apple puts out because they are brand loyal instead of choosing the best products for themselves. There are so many phones/tablets/computers that do more than Apple products and have more connectivity, but the cult just blindly buys Apple anyway. Case in point, my 10" Acer Iconia tablet. I looked at a dozen tablets, including the ipad, and I chose the Iconia because it had more connection ports than most and it was $200. How much is an ipad again for something less useful?

Old 06-25-2014, 05:04 AM

1,826 posts, read 2,493,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
Whatever that means...

Apple has a cult following. Most of their customers will buy anything Apple puts out because they are brand loyal instead of choosing the best products for themselves. There are so many phones/tablets/computers that do more than Apple products and have more connectivity, but the cult just blindly buys Apple anyway. Case in point, my 10" Acer Iconia tablet. I looked at a dozen tablets, including the ipad, and I chose the Iconia because it had more connection ports than most and it was $200. How much is an ipad again for something less useful?
While there is a segment of people who buy Apple for superficial reasons, don't wrongly assume that everyone who buys them is buying just because of some hive mentality.

Case in point regarding the iPad. Your Acer tablet has more ports than an iPad and an SD card slot ok. Even a quick Google check of some reviews of the Acer Iconia tell you that it's slow, laggy, and clunky compared to the iPad, Kindle Fire and even other Android tablets. They pretty much say it's good only for basic use like simple web browsing.

Then when you add that the iPad has way more functionality via actual tablet apps, it just blows that thing out of the water. While with Android tablets a good chunk of your apps are just stretched out phone apps. You're getting what you pay for here. Many Apple users value fluidity, ease of use, customer service, and reliability. Something that's usually lacking with the competition. Trust me I've tried them all including phones, computers, and tablets and in the end still found Apple to offer the best overall package. Surely they must be doing something right in order to develop and maintain that strong following that they have for their products.

That being said I do understand the market for other devices especially when it comes to being budget conscious. Apple products usually have a high initial investment cost but in my experience since they typically outlast the competition, they end up actually being cheaper over time.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:41 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,382,750 times
Okay, this is foolish. Usually I hear the words Galexy/driod ( windows ?? ) and iphone ( I OS ) and this and that. Apple is for r-tards. Put your personally informaiton, your passwords, and everything a person needs to enter your home. That is what an iphone is. I mean unless your living inside of a sewer, you do not need any r-tard phone.

I understand, the phone company usually gives you two choices. We had "Razor" phones that have built in tv tuners, and could also browse the internet. Also these phones could double as a desktop and even cheap tv box, without the display.

It does not matter which one a person gets, they are both stupid, dumb, and pointless. Unless you need it for business your just feeding the beast. I am tired of getting texts, and I am tired of seeing my email box on phone. I am tired of watching youtube, and pretending I am living in Star Treck. It is a stupid phone.

Here is what you do, do a coin flip. Heads get an Galexy, and Tails get an iphone. Personally I like the original iphone 1, that was really small and flat, and could also use mine and other peoples credit cards, if need. Other models just look like trash to me. Of course that is for business, but that service also charges a fee including the credit card fee. They are all the same exact thing, just remember that Steve Jobs died of cancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones