Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2014, 11:36 PM

10 posts, read 14,206 times

Advertisements

hi ive decided to buy a new phone and im thinking about the Samsung galaxy s5. What i would like to know is for people with this phone is how do you like it? How is its overall functionality ? Are there any problems with it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 01:32 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,828,538 times
Overall, they are quite good phones.
About the biggest complaint I've read about the high-end Samsung phones is that they come with a lot of Bloat-ware.
(Mine did).
I'm really going to check out Moto for my next phone. They sell nice phones, with pure, unchanged, unbloated Android on them.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:59 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,665,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
I'm really going to check out Moto for my next phone. They sell nice phones, with pure, unchanged, unbloated Android on them.
Maybe something has changed since my last one, but there is nothing pure about my Motorola Droid, and it's loaded full of bloatware.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:08 AM

The wife and I both upgraded to S5s a couple of months ago, and have been very happy with them.

It's got a nice sized screen, great display, and it's a snappy phone.

My advice would be to go into the store and play with several phones to see how you feel about size, the display, how it feels in your hand, etc.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:50 PM

735 posts, read 655,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
Maybe something has changed since my last one, but there is nothing pure about my Motorola Droid, and it's loaded full of bloatware.
Pretty much anything Moto has made in the last year has ran almost pure Android.

As for the Galaxy S5, you can do better. The HTC One M8, Xperia Z3 and LG G3 come to mind as superior devices. If you decide to go with a larger "phablet" though, the Note 4 is a good choice alongside the Nexus 6.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:19 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,012,365 times
The best thing just go to a shop and see what you exactly like. samsung I am done with it,, sucks now I have ASUS phone

Old 11-15-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post
Pretty much anything Moto has made in the last year has ran almost pure Android.

As for the Galaxy S5, you can do better. The HTC One M8, Xperia Z3 and LG G3 come to mind as superior devices. If you decide to go with a larger "phablet" though, the Note 4 is a good choice alongside the Nexus 6.
Looked at everything that was available at the time, and didn't find anything compelling enough to make me want them over the S5. This was prior to the Z3s release though, so it wasn't an option.

This was also before the Note 4 came out, but I have a Note Pro 12.2 so don't really need the phablet.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:13 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,675,395 times
My thoughts are that it's a good phone that many people like. It it has a fast processor and plenty of RAM, a nice HD screen, and it takes good pictures. Hard to go wrong.

There are others that will also serve you well. Availability may vary by carrier, but also worth a look are the:

HTC One M8 (durable with classy appearance from a nice metal case, best external speakers in the business if you ever use your phone a portable radio/video player without headphones, fast with plenty of RAM, nice HD screen, 32 GB storage, camera is good in low light and it takes good pictures otherwise, but it's only 4MP so you really lose quality if you crop more than a third or so of the length or width);

2014 Moto X (essentially stock Andriod, with some cool Motorola-only tricks up its sleeve, camera is considered acceptable but not great);

Verizon Droid Turbo by Motorola (similar to Moto X in software and features + HUGE 3900 mAh battery--but it's kinda big and heavy);

and the Sony Xperia Z3 (fast, good battery life, excellent camera).

Last edited by Thegonagle; 11-15-2014 at 10:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones