Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 12:03 AM

89 posts, read 101,199 times

Advertisements

VENT ALERT:

I'm positively sure I'm not the only victim....I mean person with Sprint Service. What interested me in signing a contract with Sprint you say? WELL the Unlimited everything had me sold.

Needless to say, I'm not a happy Sprint Customer. Their service is getting shadier by the day.

In the beginning, the coverage and overall phone service was wonderful. I was practically frolicking and <smiling really big> with my phone in hand, much like the beginning of Little House of the Prairie.

NOW. For the past SIX MONTHS. SPRINT SUCKS. SPRINT = CRICKET WIRELESS -5

I remember having capabilities to multi-task while on a call. (Surf the web, open apps, check emails, etc) I called SPRINT CUSTOMER SERVICE to ask why this feature no longer worked. The representative told me the feature was never available!

Now why????? Why would I make that up. Then call SPRINT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Be placed on hold for 45 minutes <while waiting on an agent to assist me> To tell a SPRINT CUSTOMER SERVICE agent an alleged lie about a said feature. HOW DARE YOU SPRINT

When I found the Sprint Sucks Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/sprintblows/timeline and read the recent comments. I couldn't help but feel connected to my Sprint Family.

I want to continue ranting about my disdain for this atrocious cellphone service provider. But I would love to hear from other unhappy Sprint Customers.

Go ahead. Let it out.

Better out than in.
Attached Thumbnails
Sprint Commericals maybe funny HAHA but their service, not so much-sprint.jpg   Sprint Commericals maybe funny HAHA but their service, not so much-sucks.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 07:22 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,676,557 times
So your big rant is that you can't check your email while on a phone call?

Old 04-03-2015, 07:31 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Did you get a new device?

With Sprint Spark, you can't do simultaneous voice and data.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:14 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,799,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I thought it was that they changed what services they offered, and then lied and said they never offered it.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:39 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,002,301 times
I have no problem with Sprint. Best overall pricing. Love the unlimited data... I can watch Hulu and Netflix, or stream music in a car without having to worry about overages
Only used data and phone services 2 or three times. No problems.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Did you get a new device?

With Sprint Spark, you can't do simultaneous voice and data.
@JasonF No. I've had the same phone since joining Sprint. Not eligible for an update according to SPRINT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Whenever I've dealt with a Sprint Representative at a local store Id get a completely different answer/response than on the phone with a SPRINT CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
@Peregrine Thanks for commenting. Are you a Sprint Customer?

Basically my "big rant" is due to my disdain with recent changes they've made within the company. Said changes have effected their network service negatively (IN MY OPINION) in the following ways:

I cannot receive text messages/photos, emails while on a call. (Multitasking feature no longer available) may sound minuet but it's a feature I use constantly.

Coverage is now unreliable in certain areas. Frequent calls dropped, calls oddly not received (not listed in missed calls) but a new voicemail message alert.

I Have a IPhone 5c through Sprint. My IPad has no data service, so it can only connect via wi-fi. When I'm at home and my IPad is connected to my network, I will recieve a iMessage on my iPad before my phone.

My rant was to vent as well as to see if anyone else having similar issues would respond.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:59 PM

672 posts, read 698,314 times
From my understanding, the Iphone 5 didn't have simultaneous phone-call/data capability from the beginning on the sprint network. My S3 is perfectly capable of doing this and I use the phone and data at the same time. I live in the same area as you do and will say that sprint has several spotty pockets out on the eastern side of Memphis and another section in the south memphis area. Truthfully I'm satisfied with them for my needs and their price point, but you get what you pay for. You shouldn't expect verizon service with a sprint price. I get excellent service in my area though and the 4g lte speed is consistently on par with broadband internet speeds as it should. Plus I'm using around 75 gigs of data a month with no throtttling or worry about how much data I use. It gives me peace of mind. But I'm leary of updating my phone due to the new network and phone construction. From what I read it has something to do with how the antennas are constructed in the phones and sprint's network setup. That and my S3 is like a toyota. It gets the job done and covers all the basic bases.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:09 PM

Just got off the phone with Sprint. Invalid SIM has been on my Iphone 5c screen since last night. Im told that the Sprint Tower is impaired at this time and it is estimated at 5:00pm CST service will be restored.

I was talking to the customer rep at 5:53PM CST. He was really nice and offered me a $10 credit. Now its 10:09pm CST and my service is still not working.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1538 View Post
From my understanding, the Iphone 5 didn't have simultaneous phone-call/data capability from the beginning on the sprint network. My S3 is perfectly capable of doing this and I use the phone and data at the same time. I live in the same area as you do and will say that sprint has several spotty pockets out on the eastern side of Memphis and another section in the south memphis area. Truthfully I'm satisfied with them for my needs and their price point, but you get what you pay for. You shouldn't expect verizon service with a sprint price. I get excellent service in my area though and the 4g lte speed is consistently on par with broadband internet speeds as it should. Plus I'm using around 75 gigs of data a month with no throtttling or worry about how much data I use. It gives me peace of mind. But I'm leary of updating my phone due to the new network and phone construction. From what I read it has something to do with how the antennas are constructed in the phones and sprint's network setup. That and my S3 is like a toyota. It gets the job done and covers all the basic bases.
When I joined Sprint my Iphone 5C worked with call/data simultaneously. I express this problem with the sprint rep tonight and he recommended I take my phone to the nearest sprint repair store because according to my account this feature should be available. Youre totally right, you get what you paid for! So what other networks use the same towers as Sprint? I'm curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones