Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 08:40 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,675 times

Advertisements

No idea. We have multiple phones and tablets that all take similar chargers, and have had lots of prior phones and tablets.

I have two in the car (one for my phone dock, and one for the wife's phone), two on my desk (phone and tablet), one in the bedroom (phone), and one next to my recliner in the living room (whatever I need to plug in).

Wife has two wall chargers (phone / tablet) at the kitchen table where her laptop is, and a spare next to her recliner for charging either device there.

There's another on the kitchen counter (used for the tablet that lives there, but also available for other devices).

When I still worked in a remote office (and only had one phone) I had 3: home, office, and car. Some days I'd be in the office all day, and other days I'd be in the car all day.

On top of that, there are various chargers in a tub for older devices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 09:23 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,814,526 times
We have 7 working chargers for 5 phones, plus a couple broken ones. I have a few for my older Blackberrys too. Want to buy one?

Old 04-17-2015, 09:25 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
And that would still mean you would only need two chargers if you worked outside all day. One for the home after work and the one inside your car while driving around during the day.
I have 102,450,275 chargers. There, did your head explode?

Why are you worried about how many somebody else needs? And who are you to decide?

In all seriousness, I have a lot of chargers. I have one in my bedroom, so my phone can stay charging while I cruise around in bed. I have a charging station in an office, because my husband works weird hours and I don't always want to disturb him if my phone needs charging. I have one at work. I have one in my car, because I drive long distances and want a charged phone even after listening to a book in the car. I have one in my travel bag so I don't get to the hotel and have to either go back out to the car and get that one, or remember the one from home.

I've found myself forgetting a charger, or needing one where I am but it being somewhere that's inconvenient to get to, so I keep one always handy.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:41 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
I only have one charger, but that's because I have a Mophie case that charges the battery without having to plug the phone in.

But it makes sense to have three chargers. One for home, one for work, and a spare either for the car or if you lose one at home or at work.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:28 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
This woman I work with told me she has three chargers??? And when I asked what is the third charger for she never told me the reason because she knows it made no sense. I thought everyone had a charger at home and another charger at work to always make sure the phone can be charged.

Is there anyone on here who has three chargers?
Can't believe you ask such silly questions. I have FIVE chargers. 1-home 2-car. 3-work 4-BF's car 5 - stays in my travel bag.

So there.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:38 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
This woman I work with told me she has three chargers??? And when I asked what is the third charger for she never told me the reason because she knows it made no sense. I thought everyone had a charger at home and another charger at work to always make sure the phone can be charged.

Is there anyone on here who has three chargers?
I picked up a bunch of chargers for my iPhone. They were $5 apiece or so on Amazon.

(1) Living Room (cable+plug)
(2) Bedroom (cable+plus)
(3) Car (cable only - I don't use the plug, since my car stereo has a USB port)
(4) Laptop case (cable+plug)
(5) Work (cable+plug)

I also have a few spares just in case I lose one.

It's a work phone. I sometimes get on long calls that require a headset and continuous charging, since the phone won't last through a long work issue.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:50 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
Quote:
Because I am still surprised someone told me that have three chargers and needed to know who else has the same number or more.
Two at home. My wife and I both have iPhones. One in each car-that makes four. One in the campervan and we both have one at work. That makes seven.

When we travel or camp, I carry two external batteries.

Do I win a prize?

Old 04-17-2015, 03:49 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You focus on the strangest things.
LOL

I have one for the car, and three or four around the house - all from old phones. Why should I throw them away? They make great spares, good for traveling, etc.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:28 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
no including the computers we sometimes plug into, we probably have 5 or 6 chargers around the house, plus two chargers in each car, with connecting cords for iphone 6, tradional iOS and micro USB for the Android phones and other accessories.

I have no idea how we accumulated so many

Old 04-17-2015, 06:39 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Surprised? Needed to know? Really? How is at all interesting, surprising, or confusing?

Tell me, how many spoons do you have? Surely it's only one. I'd be shocked and dismayed if you had more than one spoon and need an explanation of why, and also need to conduct a national survey to see how many other people also have an excessive amount of spoons.

Yes it's shocking because one charger should be able to take care of charging in the car and at the job. And then the other charger would be for when you are home which would be a total of two chargers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones