Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 01:25 PM

200 posts, read 210,775 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I'm going to be going on a shared plan with my wife. We both have smart phones and are thinking of using Verizon. I figured I'd post here and update everyone with information that with 6 GB of shared data and with two phones being activated at $20 each since they are smart phones the Verizon bill would be about 100-115 at most with taxes a month.

I used to be on AT&T and she has always been on Verizon.

I would love to perhaps keep the price down even lower if at all possible somehow to where she can use her smartphone and if I need to use a flip phone or something simple with Internet browsing etc. then I would be open to it.

We have with this $100 potential plan unlimited talk and text.

Can we somehow haggle the price down since we don't talk more than an hour a week if even that on the phone? Are there cheaper options where my wife won't feel like she needs to use a flip phone or use a service that isn't too reliable? On my end I could care less if I use a Nokia or anything that has browsing capability as long as I'm not getting screwed on data overages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 03:13 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,680,547 times
I don't know, but, depending on where you live, Walmart might have cheaper plans with unlimited text data, etc. They keep advertising on TV. $30 a month, per phone?

Old 10-20-2015, 03:18 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
No they don't negotiate. $100/month gets you 18GB @ Verizon though.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:52 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
If you want cheaper look at the MVNOs. Verizon doesn't need to and isn't going to cut your rate.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:13 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,044,535 times
How much talk/text/data do you really need? If your use is light, Tracfone smartphones run on Verizon and AT&T (you can choose) and it can be as cheap as ~$100/yr. Yes, per year.

Turk
HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource

Then you can get a Google Voice number and and Obi100 box and hook it up to your home internet and use that for your long phone calls at home for FREE calling.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:44 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Here OP, $60 for 6GB and $20/line. Find a new sales rep if they tried to sell you 6GB for $100.

Verizon Plan - Verizon Wireless

Old 10-21-2015, 01:22 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslander21 View Post
Hello everyone. I'm going to be going on a shared plan with my wife. We both have smart phones and are thinking of using Verizon. I figured I'd post here and update everyone with information that with 6 GB of shared data and with two phones being activated at $20 each since they are smart phones the Verizon bill would be about 100-115 at most with taxes a month.

I used to be on AT&T and she has always been on Verizon.

I would love to perhaps keep the price down even lower if at all possible somehow to where she can use her smartphone and if I need to use a flip phone or something simple with Internet browsing etc. then I would be open to it.

We have with this $100 potential plan unlimited talk and text.

Can we somehow haggle the price down since we don't talk more than an hour a week if even that on the phone? Are there cheaper options where my wife won't feel like she needs to use a flip phone or use a service that isn't too reliable? On my end I could care less if I use a Nokia or anything that has browsing capability as long as I'm not getting screwed on data overages.
Are you sure about that price? From my experience the monthly cost would be closer to $160 and up. How are you getting it so cheaply?

Old 10-21-2015, 02:47 PM

200 posts, read 210,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Are you sure about that price? From my experience the monthly cost would be closer to $160 and up. How are you getting it so cheaply?
I spoke with the person at Verizon. Two people actually to confirm.

20 per smart phone
60 for 6 gigs total
Shared plan.
That's 100 plus tax $110 or so.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:35 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Here OP, $60 for 6GB and $20/line. Find a new sales rep if they tried to sell you 6GB for $100.

Verizon Plan - Verizon Wireless
Quote:
Somebody needs needs to visit Verizon's website and see their new price structure. Att and Verizon are somewhat less expensive than they were a year ago.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:43 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
It's cheap if you bring your own device.

That's how Verizon magically got "cheaper" without actually cutting their prices.

Add in a device and it's about the same as it's always been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones