Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2015, 07:34 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,313,170 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I got an iPhone 5C back in November 2013 and used a friends computer through his iTunes account to synch new music onto my phone. Unfortunately it was illegally downloaded music and I didn't know it was illegal until recently. I was not the one putting the music onto my phone, it was a good friend of mine. (Im kind of old so at the time I wasn't knowledgeable about this kind of stuff so he did it for me) Since then I've been purchased music through my iTunes and I had no issues putting it on my phone. I have his illegal downloaded music and my music that I purchased through iTunes on my phone. About a week ago, my iPhone 5C has been having issues with its battery and I need to get it replaced. A worker at my local Apple Store told me to backup my phone which I did through iTunes. I have received my new iPhone 5C and I gave them my old iPhone 5C. This is when the problems started to occur. When I got home I went into iTunes and hit backup to get back my data from my old phone; everything but my music went into my new phone. I manually tried to put the music back onto my phone by going to settings and clicking "Sync Music". At this point when I do so an error message pops up stating, "The iPhone (my phone) is synched with another iTunes library on Mike's MacBook Air (friends). Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync it with this iTunes library". I have two options. One is erase and sync and the other one is cancel. I obviously do not want to erase and sync as I do not want to be synched with his library. I want it to sync with my library. So, is it saying that I can either have his music or my music? I can no longer have both of our libraries on my phone? Unfortunately my friend (Mike) got his laptop stolen so I do not have access to it. How am I able to bypass this and just sync my music instead of clicking erase and sync because at this point that may be my only option. The issue is that I don't want to erase my music through my iTunes. I know its a little confusing and im not sure if I explained it properly. I'm not a tech guy...I tried. Anything I can do? Any feedback will be appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 08:21 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
You need to hit ENTER once in awhile. That's a hard paragraph to read.

It's not confusing, I've dealt with this a bunch of times.The problem is that you can no longer unpair from your friend.
Have a look at this:
https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3991

Check #2 specifically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones