U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 11:05 PM

45,654 posts, read 65,217,227 times

Advertisements

You should know that hackers are able to exploit a security hole in the cell system to get into your smartphone, listen in, and even turn on your camera. To do this, all hackers need is your phone number, or in some cases just ... tap your phone.
Hacking Your Phone - CBS News
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 05:28 AM

35,318 posts, read 45,587,261 times
Phone security?

After watching the segment on 60Minutes last weekend its obvious to me you have no phone security.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:41 AM

4,293 posts, read 3,423,699 times
Oh they can listen to mine I talk a lot about sex LOL .. No I know it is an serious issue now days. I have AVG installed as well I am not downloading stuff that easy. This issue begun since the smart phone exisit in the world. By the way your video freaked me enough

Last edited by Zeurich; 04-19-2016 at 05:58 AM..

Old 04-19-2016, 07:36 AM

13,510 posts, read 15,751,139 times
Fortunately I never graduated to a smart phone. Mine is stupider than a fire hydrant.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:33 AM

9,310 posts, read 10,465,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Fortunately I never graduated to a smart phone. Mine is stupider than a fire hydrant.
Having a dumb phone won't protect you from being listened to or having the camera turned on.

Old 04-20-2016, 12:24 AM

35,318 posts, read 45,587,261 times
Phonewise I'm as secure as one can get as i dont own a cell phone..

Old 04-20-2016, 02:51 AM

13,510 posts, read 15,751,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Having a dumb phone won't protect you from being listened to or having the camera turned on.
What camera? It is a freakin' dumb ass prehistoric mobile phone, not an entertainment center.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:51 PM

41 posts, read 26,432 times
Default Thank you so much for posting this, Elnina! WOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You should know that hackers are able to exploit a security hole in the cell system to get into your smartphone, listen in, and even turn on your camera. To do this, all hackers need is your phone number, or in some cases just ... tap your phone.
Hacking Your Phone - CBS News
Thank you so much for posting this, Elnina! WOW!!!

I haven't seen the video, only just read a little past (or I think "passed,"-->MEH) the point in which the hacker...err...intrudes into the conversation!

Scary, of course, but IT'S SO COOOOOLLL!!!! Minus the evil that can be done with it...but other than that...this is like a really cool thriller/suspense dramatic production!

-Much love to you, and thanks again!
Smooth

Last edited by SmoothELiker; 04-20-2016 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: "Past" or "passed?" That is the question. O_o :P

Old 04-20-2016, 02:09 PM

41 posts, read 26,432 times
Default Well, on a second note....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothELiker View Post
Thank you so much for posting this, Elnina! WOW!!!

I haven't seen the video, only just read a little past (or I think "passed,"-->MEH) the point in which the hacker...err...intrudes into the conversation!

Scary, of course, but IT'S SO COOOOOLLL!!!! Minus the evil that can be done with it...but other than that...this is like a really cool thriller/suspense dramatic production!

-Much love to you, and thanks again!
Smooth
So...on a second note, I have completed the entire article. That...was scary. The end.

What started off as "COOL," ended in:

LOL!

Old 04-21-2016, 07:33 AM

13,170 posts, read 15,266,888 times
And as they even said in that piece: "Of course, most people don't have to worry about being hacked."
We simply aren't interesting enough.
Politicians? Celebs? Yep. Us? Not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones