U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2016, 10:23 AM

97 posts, read 48,041 times

Advertisements

Trying to decide between Caseology Wavelength, Spigen Neo Hybrid, or Tumi(don't know if anyone has heard of that particular one). The Tumi I held at a Verizon store and it felt very nice in the hand. However I want something that is not only going to protect the back and the edges of the phone but the screen as well, preferably between these three. Otterbox commuter and symmetry looks good as well.

Any suggestions on these or others?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 10:52 PM

Probably just going to get the Spigen Neo Hybrid. Caseology looks nice, but I don't think the protection is as good, same thing for the tumi which I think is overpriced at $60.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:22 AM

13,058 posts, read 15,167,199 times
I do love how people want to get the cheapest cases they can.... for their $600+ phones. I don't think $60 is too much for a case if you like cases.

I speak from experience, not to give you a hard time. Put a $20 case on my wife's $600 iPad. Yea, I broke the screen because the case sucked. Next case was $50 3 years ago. Still have it today.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I do love how people want to get the cheapest cases they can.... for their $600+ phones. I don't think $60 is too much for a case if you like cases.

I speak from experience, not to give you a hard time. Put a $20 case on my wife's $600 iPad. Yea, I broke the screen because the case sucked. Next case was $50 3 years ago. Still have it today.
The problem is I've known and heard other people speak about expensive cases and say that it doesn't offer any better protection a lot of the time. Sometimes like in the case of the Tumi, it's more about how it feels in the hand and the materials made to make it feel that way than actual good protection. The few reviews I've seen of it says it offers mediocre protection. I've held the case in my hand and could possibly see that.

Also experience is relative regardless. I've known plenty of people who have 15-20 dollar cases and it offers them solid protection. Others not so much. It can be said of both inexpensive and expensive cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones