Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2016, 09:01 AM

946 posts, read 1,135,281 times

Advertisements

Just cracked my Note iii LCD screen over this weekend. I haven't been in the cell phone market for a while so I'm a bit new at this.
Does anyone know any carriers running deals right now? I'm currently with T-Mobile on a month to month plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 10:43 AM

6,474 posts, read 10,341,133 times
First of all, what kind of deal are you looking for and what phone manufacturer/model are you looking for ? What price are you willing to pay for a phone and service ? Where do you live ? Too much unknown information for anybody to offer much advice.

Most major cellular carriers have BOGO (Buy one, get one) deals on select phones when you activate 2 lines of service or upgrade 1 phone and activate 1 new line of service.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:38 PM

946 posts, read 1,135,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
First of all, what kind of deal are you looking for and what phone manufacturer/model are you looking for ? What price are you willing to pay for a phone and service ? Where do you live ? Too much unknown information for anybody to offer much advice.

Most major cellular carriers have BOGO (Buy one, get one) deals on select phones when you activate 2 lines of service or upgrade 1 phone and activate 1 new line of service.
Live in Houston, TX, price range $300<--refurbished to $500<--new. Currently pay $55 for 2gigs data with Tmobile.
Preferably stay with Samsung or try LG. No Ifone. BOGO won't work for me since I only need one phone.
I did somewhere AT&T had $200 visa card if you buy the LG5.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:52 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,253,403 times
Metro PCS which is T-Mobile offers free phones when you sign up.
https://www.metropcs.com/switch.html
Quote:
Bring your phone number over when you switch to Metro and get a free phone. Instant in-store rebate.
Bring or add a second line and get another free phone. Instant in-store rebate.
You can also buy a no contract phone from places such as Walmart and just put in your sim card.
No-Contract Phones & Plans - Walmart.com

Old 07-05-2016, 02:51 PM

16,546 posts, read 19,685,380 times
Those free phones with Metro are junk.

I'm envious of people on T-Mobile. So many options. This is a great phone at a great price. Unlocked. Works on T-Mobile.

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g-plus

Just announced. Pre-order up now. Shipping 7/12.
Customizable. Memory slot. Water repellent. Big Battery. Turbo charging. 2/4GB RAM.
For an extra $50 (total $299) I'd recommend upgrading to the 64GB and 4GB of RAM version.
Just a fantastic price for that phone...

Your plan would not change.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:08 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,472,223 times
Cricket is the best deal IMO. $40 total per month for 2.5gb $45 for 5gb including fees. Use any unlocked GSM phone. There are tons of decent phones available all over the internet for as low as $150 Cricket is owned by AT&T so same coverage. T-Mobile coverage kind of sucks if not in a densely populated area.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:28 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,541,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Cricket is the best deal IMO. $40 total per month for 2.5gb $45 for 5gb including fees. Use any unlocked GSM phone. There are tons of decent phones available all over the internet for as low as $150 Cricket is owned by AT&T so same coverage. T-Mobile coverage kind of sucks if not in a densely populated area.
If you set up your account for auto-pay on Cricket, it takes $5 off your bill- so $35/mo for 2.5 GB

AT&T has best coverage in my area, so I signed up with Cricket last December and its been great.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:28 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,472,223 times
http://dealnews.com and http://bensbargains.net usually have daily deals on a regular basis.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:34 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,723 times
back in 2011, we had an all day encounter with tornados here in Northern AL. At the time, I was with Sprint - my wife was with AT&T. Neither one of us could get a call out or in for days. My next door neighbor was on StraightTalk - and had a CDMA phone - and was tethered to Verizon. He was able to call out from day one. I immediately cut my service with Sprint and I got a StraightTalk account. $45.00 for (their version of) unlimited. I've been happy with it ever since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones