U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 11:02 PM

48,223 posts, read 69,175,104 times

Advertisements

Have question for Windows Phone users.
Anyone has Windows Phone?
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by elnina; 08-18-2016 at 11:12 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 07:07 AM

14,417 posts, read 22,574,560 times
My wife does. I keep it running. Maybe. Maybe I can help.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:39 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,042,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Have question for Windows Phone users.
Anyone has Windows Phone?
I have a Nokia 521 as a spare phone that im currently using.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:41 PM

21,615 posts, read 6,303,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I have a Nokia 521 as a spare phone that im currently using.
I do as well (also have a Huawei for use with that carrier...AT & T).

Old 08-20-2016, 07:16 PM

I have Nokia Lumia 1020 for a while now, and I am happy with it. Still running Win 8.1 and not looking for to update to Win 10 anyway.
Well, curiosity can be dangerous sometimes. After reading how MS is bragging about "one of the best features - The Driving Mode", I wanted to know what it's all about, and how it works, so I set it up, and now can't reverse it anymore. There seems to be no option to turn the automatic mode off. Permanently. Why there is no warning that once you turn it on, there is no way back? Anyone knows a solution? I would hate to do the hard reset.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-21-2016, 04:53 PM

12,713 posts, read 13,195,126 times
Does this help?

Can't turn off Automatic Driving Mode - Microsoft Community

Old 08-22-2016, 11:23 AM

Yeah, I saw that - but I can't turn the added device off, because that's the Bluetooth hands free calling feature provided by Honda. San Antonio is a hands free calling zone, and I use it a lot. Even after I completely removed the device from my phone, as soon I paired my phone with the hands free feature (I didn't go to Driving Mode at all), it was automatically connected with the Driving Mode. It really sucks now!

Old 08-22-2016, 02:39 PM

13,988 posts, read 16,024,908 times
Time to join us Elnina in the Android World....

Windows Phone sales collapse as Microsoft ravages Nokia remnants | PCWorld

"In 2015’s June quarter, Microsoft’s operating system powered 2.5 percent of all smartphones sold. Twelve months later, Windows’ share of sales had collapsed to less than six-tenths of a percentage point."

Old 08-23-2016, 09:59 AM

2,422 posts, read 3,482,281 times
I use a Windows phone. 8.1 was a good OS for me and worked well. I've updated to Windows 10. I prefer this version much more. Lots of neat features. I've used Android and iPhone but of the three I prefer Windows. iPhone would be second.

2017 will be an important year for Windows 10 mobile as 2016 has been a "retrenching" period for mobile. Windows 10 wasn't polished enough for a strong phone line-up with intense marketing. As such, only a few Windows 10 mobile phones were launched [basically] for Windows fans with no marketing at all. Windows is currently rolling out the Anniversary update on PCs and the phone carriers should have the update ready for mobile within a few weeks. The OS is now ready for prime time!

Microsoft is rumored to launch the Surface phone in the spring of 2017 and little by little more manufacturers are picking up Windows 10 as Android is too saturated with Samsung being King. 2017 should be very interesting for Windows mobile. The Lumia line-up has been retired. Bring in the new!

Old 08-23-2016, 10:42 AM

13,988 posts, read 16,024,908 times
I think you are way too optimisitc, my friend. What manufacturers are picking up WIndows 10?
I wanted MS to be the 3rd player in this but I think they've failed at this point and they have no chance anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones