Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2016, 01:24 PM

3,527 posts, read 6,524,562 times

Advertisements

On the latest YouTube Android app - when you are watching a video and press pause - the upper left corner has a down arrow (or a "V"). It causes you to go back to the previous screen. It should be a Left Arrow, not a Down Arrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 01:51 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
No, Robert, it should be a DOWN arrow. It sends the video DOWN to the bottom of your screen so that you may continue browsing for something else to watch while watching your current video in like a picture-in-picture window.
It's not a BACK button.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:08 PM

Also, if you press the "..." button on the upper right, it reveals the triangular button you usually see, but it does nothing.

Re the down arrow - the Youtube app in the past had a Left Arrow there and it also went to the previous screen but with the mini window.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:27 PM

re; "...": I don't know what you mean. "triangle button"?
When I click ... I can Report, Change Quality, Captions, or View in Cardboard.

re; down arrow. A back arrow would be redundant when one can simply press the "Back" button on the phone to do that same thing. Viva La Android and the universal back button.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
re; "...": I don't know what you mean. "triangle button"?
When I click ... I can Report, Change Quality, Captions, or View in Cardboard.

re; down arrow. A back arrow would be redundant when one can simply press the "Back" button on the phone to do that same thing. Viva La Android and the universal back button.
The "..." button is the settings button in the upper right.

The universal back button does nothing when I'm using the Youtube app - maybe it's my phone but not yours.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:33 PM

My Youtube version is 11.33.58. The Android is 5.1, is yours?

Old 09-13-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
The "..." button is the settings button in the upper right.

The universal back button does nothing when I'm using the Youtube app - maybe it's my phone but not yours.
No, I know what ... is. I don't get the "triangular button you usually see".

Android 6.01

When you are watching a video on the top part of the screen and you press BACK, it doesn't drop the video down to the bottom?

Old 09-13-2016, 01:57 PM

I don't see the Back button at all while watching a video.

If I tap on the video, I see the Down Arrow and some other things. I have to press the ... to see the Back button (the triangular button that means back most of the time, like when you're using the browser).

Old 09-14-2016, 07:42 AM

OK. You are referring to watching a video full screen, I was not.
It still makes total sense to me the way it is. The button points DOWN in full screen mode as a visual indicator that hitting this button is not going to close your video, it is going to move it.... down. When it moves down you are then free to browse around while your video plays and you can queue up more stuff. I love when they added this.

I believe you have a Moto phone, too, so it should be very similar to mine.
When a video is full screen, pressing the ... brings up the options I mentioned earlier. Report, Quality, Captions, Cardboard. Pressing the Triangle here (the back button)... takes you BACK to the video out of that menu.

If you want a faster way to get to the back button while your video is playing: swipe from the right edge of the screen to the left. This brings up the BACK button.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:54 PM

20 posts, read 9,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
On the latest YouTube Android app - when you are watching a video and press pause - the upper left corner has a down arrow (or a "V"). It causes you to go back to the previous screen. It should be a Left Arrow, not a Down Arrow.
It's totally OK with the "V" sign. Becuase it doesn't take you in the previous window.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones