Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 05:16 PM

15,395 posts, read 25,632,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Apple’s new Touch ID rule requires you to enter passcode more often than before

The TouchID problem is for iOS device that are not unlocked after a certain time. If you have your phone on charge overnight, it will require you to unlock by passcode. Why bother having TouchID? If they require Passcode all the time that could be circumvented, TouchID is just a convenience feature not a security one. I except end to end TouchID security but, Apple decided that you can unlock with the passcode which is how hackers broke in many times.

The problem does not exist on Android. I hardly ever get challenged for passcode except for permissions.

If Apple doesn't do anything new to iOS, Samsung S8 will beat the iPhone 7 in performance as benchmarks already show it is faster in everything except for single-core performance.
What hackers have broken into iOS through the passcode? I have never heard of this. I see from the ink that it is required after 8 hours. No wonder I never see it. I don't sleep 8 hours. Still, what is this claim of hacking that you are talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 06:59 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,467,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
What hackers have broken into iOS through the passcode? I have never heard of this. I see from the ink that it is required after 8 hours. No wonder I never see it. I don't sleep 8 hours. Still, what is this claim of hacking that you are talking about?
Android fanboy troll.

Why can't some people just be happy with what they prefer and smile. Insecurity?

Old 03-25-2017, 07:20 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,967,707 times
Currently own an iphone 7 and previously owned a 5s. That said, I plan on going back to android when I can upgrade again. The iphones have always been super reliable and for the most part great phones, but they just seem boring and routine now. Apple isn't innovating anymore... at least not like they used to.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:48 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,467,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Currently own an iphone 7 and previously owned a 5s. That said, I plan on going back to android when I can upgrade again. The iphones have always been super reliable and for the most part great phones, but they just seem boring and routine now. Apple isn't innovating anymore... at least not like they used to.
Enjoy the adventure that is Android. May it not get in the way of the day to day use of your smartphone.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:18 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,944,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Android phones I can use finger unlock everyday, anytime with no issue.
Not true. The Android OS won't let you unlock with a fingerprint after a restart or shutdown.

I do agree that iOS requires the code more frequently.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:40 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,967,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
Not true. The Android OS won't let you unlock with a fingerprint after a restart or shutdown.

I do agree that iOS requires the code more frequently.
iOS is the same way (maybe that was established already?). But it looks like both OS's require a code when restarting your phone. I will say, though most of the time my iphone is pretty good with the finger print sensor it doesn't like my left hand thumb. It probably only unlocks the phone 3 out of every 10 times I try and use it. Not sure why. I've reset that finger print in the settings as well.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:28 PM

924 posts, read 813,822 times
I have an iPhone 7 Plus 256gb as well and I love it. I switched to the 7 plus from my former 6s plus. I kinda wish I would've waited for the red iPhone to come out before buying the 7 though. I've been using iPhone for years, ever since I bought an iPhone 4s. That doesn't mean I'm isolated from android, as i have had a couple android tablets and I like those as well, but I prefer the interface of iOS. Having an iPhone is important more than ever for me right now as iMessage games are fun. The front facing camera is great, especially when I'm on Instagram Live or Snapchat and even has a front facing flash, I don't know if my 6s had that, but it's very noticeable in my 7, and I like it. Headphone jack doesn't really affect me, only because I have wireless beats, but the battery life is fairly long so it shouldn't be a real issue. The phone is also quite durable and very fast when playing apps that are high quality, which is no surprise as it's a high end phone.

Old 04-02-2017, 01:49 PM

4,658 posts, read 3,816,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer705 View Post
Having an iPhone is important more than ever for me right now as iMessage games are fun.
Today I learned there are iMessage games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones