Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2017, 09:56 AM

176 posts, read 978,358 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if there's a problem with this person's phone or if they're out of range/ abroad.

My cousin has an iphone 5 and I have an iphone 7. Normally when we text each other they are sent as iMessages and there were no issues. Four days ago when I text her my text we're sent as regular text. Then the next day when we text each other the first few times they we're sent as iMessages then back to text message again later on in the day. She text me a question yesterday and when I responded they were still sending as text messages. I didn't think it was a big deal because I know it does that sometimes when the receiver is in a bad reception area. Then when I tried calling her twice later on in the day I heard these strange beeping sounds instead of the standard rings then it will go to voicemail. When I got home I called her phone using my boyfriend's phone and it does the same thing so I know there's no problem with my phone. I then text her last night afterwards to see if something was wrong with her phone but no response and it was still sending as text message. When I tried called her again this morning I still heard the strange long beeping sounds then it goes to voicemail. The beeping noise sounds exactly like the noise you'll hear when you're in the middle of a call with someone and someone else is trying to call you on the other line. It's exactly that same sound.

I know I'm not blocked or her phone is not on Do not disturb because it would've made the standard ring sound once then went straight to voicemail. Plus I called her from another person's phone and it did the same thing. And even so we are not on bad terms for her to be doing that anyway.

I tried doing a google search and I read on some tech board that the receiver may be abroad in another country which is why it's making the beeping noise then going to voicemail. She never mentioned anything about going away but the issue sound very similar so I don't know what to think and I'm getting concerned. We both live in NYC.

Is it possible that this person may be abroad or maybe there's a problem with her phone? Has anyone went through something similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones