Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 03:07 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times

Advertisements

None of these. LG will release the V30 which will have the SD835 chip. S8+ battery too small and Samsung phones always slow down after a few months of use.

These phones imo are too expensive, I wait til they come down in prices. There's nothing these phones have that previous gen cannot do. Maybe the G6 which has HDR but that's still too early for apps and videos to support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 07:17 PM

672 posts, read 698,110 times
Add me to the list of not being impressed with the edgeless screens and worrying about the durability of it. I just switched from a Galaxy S5 to the LG G6 and the screen issue was about 90% of the reason. So far I'm satisfied and think I made a solid choice. Two of my siblings who have both had or have the s6/s7 edge don't have great things to say about them and the both cracked their screens. Although the S8/S8+ may be more durable since the screen is not as rounded. Also for whatever reason the S8/S+ look slightly off to me. I think it's the visual narrowness of it,or maybe it's something else. I just don't like.

I'm coming from an S5 so the performance wise the G6 is fine for me. Screen size is perfect but the display is just not on the same level as Samsung's AMOLED screens but it's still good. Jury is still out there on the picture quality although I'm not a big picture taker.

Three of the things I defiantly like is the fact that my G6 came with a lot less bloatware the I'm accustomed to with Samsung. I also like the UI on the G6. I don't know if it's LG or Android Nougat but I like it. Lastly, I like the location of the fingerprint scanner. It's in the perfect natural location and makes unlocking the phone effortless.

Hopefully this phone doesn't let me down long term or I'll be switching back to Samsung even if I don't like the edgeless screens. It may no matter though. I read that all the major phone companies may be heading in the direction of edgeless screens.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:44 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,712,126 times
I've had an S6, S7 and now and S8 - I'm gonna be honest, I don't get how people are cracking their screens unless it's not in a case. I use a thin Spigen clear case for mine just for grip without an issue...same style case across all three phones, dropped them all and not a crack on them. Are people throwing their phones around? The only screen I've broken was my Galaxy Tab S2 - fell corner-down onto tile from about 4 feet and cracked the screen. Phones? Nope, even after wrecking a motorcycle with my phone in my jacket pocket. Hit the ground hard enough to crack the LCD under the glass...but the glass stayed in one piece.

That said, I'm a fan of my S8. Bit big compared to my S7, but I like the screen and it's plenty fast enough for what I'm doing. Battery lasts about a day.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:54 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,494,397 times
Posting from my new S8+ now, coming from an S6. Have experience with the S7 and several years ago had an LG....k series? It boot looped me though, and I know phones from LG after that have continued to do it, so even though I liked the way the G6 and V20 looked better than the way the S8+ looks, I went with Samsung...no major problems from the S6 or S7. I actually like the edge screen, which others in this thread seem to dislike. Just curious, what about that edge screen do you dislike?

Old 05-22-2017, 07:51 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
Most people who dislike the edge probably have only tried it on the S7 Edge or S6 Edge. They don't realize it is much nicer, less problematic on the S8. It's much more subtle so it has less accidental touches and issues overall.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:04 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,712,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Most people who dislike the edge probably have only tried it on the S7 Edge or S6 Edge. They don't realize it is much nicer, less problematic on the S8. It's much more subtle so it has less accidental touches and issues overall.
I hated the edge screens on the S6 and S7. Too thin along the "edges" to comfortably hold in my hand. S8 is much more subtle and nicer.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:10 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,494,397 times
I never dealt with the edge screen on the S6 or S7, but I will say that this one is very nice. Super sleek looking, and I haven't had any "accidental touches". I'm loving this phone. The screen size on the S8+ is great.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:28 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
None of these. Get the Motorola Z Force with the shatterproof screen. I was just reminded why I love my Turbo 2. Dropped it face down onto the driveway just now. Fully flat face down. Would have broken any other phone. I didn't even think twice. Didn't scare me at all. Just picked it up and put it in my pocket.
#Moto4Life (or at least until someone else makes a shatterproof phone).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones