Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2018, 05:57 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,695,396 times

Advertisements

Recently my phone battery had gotten worse and worse. It got to the point where even with the screen turned off and the phone not in use it only lasted 2 hours. I bought a back up charger and looked into possibly replacing the battery.

Then I read that it may be from bloatware and apps that run ads or run constantly. I had to get new apps to keep up with the old ones. When they made my phone hot I got a cooling app.

I then removed all the apps that use ads that I did not need like battery monitors and virus protection, I read it's not needed on Android especially if you just use validated apps and don't download unknown files.

Yesterday my phone lasted all night and this morning it was still at 60% instead of drained in 2 hours of non use.

So now I'm going to be careful and if I have to use any apps that say they have ads I will uninstall them after use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 07:26 AM

16,503 posts, read 19,575,896 times
It was probably those 2 apps alone. The battery monitor and anti virus app.
Just because an app has ads, doesn't automatically make it a battery drainer.
And what on earth is a "cooling app"?

Old 03-27-2018, 08:12 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,695,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
It was probably those 2 apps alone. The battery monitor and anti virus app.
Just because an app has ads, doesn't automatically make it a battery drainer.
And what on earth is a "cooling app"?
No I had app upon app, one app trying to monitor the batter then another, then a cooler, then a usage meter then, then a smart cleaner,

A cooling app stops apps that are warming up your phone and increasing the temperature from what I understand.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:04 AM

16,503 posts, read 19,575,896 times
Wow that's a lot of junk on there. Keep it clean.
I assume this is Android. It can mange itself pretty well.
Those are all worthless apps. But again, because an app has ads, does not mean it's eating through your battery.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:29 AM

2,182 posts, read 1,622,476 times
I am having the very same problem with both my phone and my tablet. I can charge my phone up to 100 percent, unplug it and overnight 30 percent of the battery power is gone when I didn't use it at all.

The tablet is worse. It takes forever to charge. I can leave it plugged in all night and it will never get to 100 percent charged. I need help. Please all you smart techy people tell me what to do here?

Old 03-27-2018, 02:21 PM

295 posts, read 352,598 times
Android has it's own battery usage statistics info in the Settings. Check that and see what is using all the battery.

For the tablet are you using the charger that came with it? If not, then it may not be supplying enough power to fully charge the battery. If you are then the battery might be going bad and can't take a full charge.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:49 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
The rule for Android is pretty much the same as the rule for Windows.

Don't install trash that claims to help some problem that you don't actually have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones