Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 10:53 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,470,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
No, there are a ton of wired headsets designed to work with phones that have microphones.

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Foldable...ith+microphone
Some headsets have microphones. The OP want's earbuds. There are also earbuds with microphones but again it depends on the phone, it has to have that capability. The OP never mentioned which one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 12:17 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
Any modern phone will work with those headphones. So really it doesn't matter the phone.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:28 PM

61,662 posts, read 87,041,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
It clearly states "hands free calling on compatible devices"

So it depends. Unless I missed it, you never mentioned what phone are you using.

Edit: You could do calls, use the earbuds for audio and use the mic on the phone. That's entirely possible.
Yeah, I forgot to mention - I have Pixel, and use USB-C to Micro USB Adapter.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:45 PM

Any earbuds with a mic should work with the Pixel. Wired earbuds are technically hands-free but you are still limited by the length of the cord. That's why wireless (BT) is more desirable in the car.

Just look an Amazon. You don't have to buy it there but they do have a wide selection.

https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-Ac...F8&node=172541

Old 09-28-2018, 10:22 PM

61,662 posts, read 87,041,175 times
Quote:
Any earbuds with a mic should work with the Pixel. Wired earbuds are technically hands-free but you are still limited by the length of the cord. That's why wireless (BT) is more desirable in the car.

Just look an Amazon. You don't have to buy it there but they do have a wide selection.

https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-Ac...F8&node=172541

Lol... I know they work with Pixel and I know where to look. What I wanted are recommendations, based on real life experiences.
So, guys - what do YOU use? What earphones perform the best?

Nice categorized listing on Amazon. Thank you!!

Old 09-29-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Lol... I know they work with Pixel and I know where to look. What I wanted are recommendations, based on real life experiences.
So, guys - what do YOU use? What earphones perform the best?

Nice categorized listing on Amazon. Thank you!!
Amazon has reviews. Some may be fake but the majority are real. There are WAY more people giving reviews on Amazon than posting in the Cell Phone forum of CD. Of those people how many use earbuds? Why limit yourself?

I use BT earbuds the majority of the time, I only use them for calls when I am riding my bike and somebody calls me.

My car does not have built-in BT but it does have an Aux input jack, so I added a good bluetooth adapter. I can listen to music and take calls using my car's speakers. It has a built in mic so I can just speak normally and carry on a conversation. My phone connects to it automatically when I get in the car. When I get a call I just press the button to answer. Couldn't be easier and the sound quality is great.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:02 AM

Because she trusts the people here maybe?

I have a wired headset but it doesn't have a mic.
Disagree that a BT headset would be more desirable in the car. On the contrary. Wireless headphones are good for when you are active. Running, riding, cutting the grass...
When you're sitting still? Yea a wire isn't all that annoying.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:45 AM

This is what I use in the car, while driving. Sitting still is another matter but who hangs out in their car?

https://www.amazon.com/iClever-Bluet...70_&dpSrc=srch

This is of course if you don't already have BT built in. It only requires an Aux in and a 12v outlet.

My car is a bit older and a base model with no BT.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Sitting still is another matter but who hangs out in their car?
Uh... passengers?

I believe her point of wanting headphones was to listen to something that maybe the driver DOESN'T want to listen to?

Old 10-01-2018, 08:27 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,496,596 times
I find all earbuds uncomfortable too, I think I have small ear canals!

The clip on kind is OK, but I prefer real headphones for comfort and audio quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones