Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 08:06 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,496,538 times

Advertisements

That's the question, I am not concerned with opening it up as my co-workers late husbands phone is locked and she has forgotten the code. Aside from the backup and reset I was under the impression that if you can pull the battery (disconnect from inside) and then reconnect that you essentially do a full drain and it should be good to ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 08:58 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
You cannot clear an iPhone lock code. Ever. Period. End of discussion.
Move on from that idea.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:12 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Move on from that idea.
Agree. You can buy a new iPhone 7 for $450

Old 10-08-2018, 09:24 AM

So herein lies the problem. It’s not about a new phone. It is my coworkers late husbands, they forgot his code and cannot get anything like pictures or other info from it. Since it was under his name they are struggling. My alternative was to do a backup to a computer via iTunes then a factory reset, then put the backup back on the device.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
So herein lies the problem. It’s not about a new phone. It is my coworkers late husbands, they forgot his code and cannot get anything like pictures or other info from it. Since it was under his name they are struggling. My alternative was to do a backup to a computer via iTunes then a factory reset, then put the backup back on the device.
The only alternative is to access the iCloud account. You will need his user name and account password. Or hire a skilled hacker and hope for the best. I am afraid your coworker may not be able to access the pictures or info on the phone. That is why my wife and I have full access to each other’s iphones via passcode or finger print. Passcodes written on two pieces of paper

Old 10-09-2018, 07:33 AM

I knew exactly what it was about. Not about getting a new phone.

Quote:
Move on from that idea.
I am not guessing here. Break it to her. You need either the iTunes password or that pin lock. No if's and's or butt's.

How does a spouse NOT know each other's pin code?! I don't understand that.

Lesson here for anyone reading.

Although WRITING THEM DOWN is better then nothing, 5150. Really dude?
My wife and I have fingerprints set up on each others phones, we both know each others codes, we both have password managers on our phones.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:54 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Peregrine is right.

The iTunes/icloud password may be stored in his computer’s password manager.

PC: https://www.online-tech-tips.com/com...words-windows/

Mac: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25230?locale=en_US

Old 10-09-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
I knew exactly what it was about. Not about getting a new phone.

I am not guessing here. Break it to her. You need either the iTunes password or that pin lock. No if's and's or butt's.

How does a spouse NOT know each other's pin code?! I don't understand that.

Lesson here for anyone reading.

Although WRITING THEM DOWN is better then nothing, 5150. Really dude?
My wife and I have fingerprints set up on each others phones, we both know each others codes, we both have password managers on our phones.
You don’t know Mrs5150. If I don’t write our passcodes down she won’t remember them and on an iPhone if you turn them off you need to enter the passcode-before the fingerprint function works. The likelyhood of someone breaking into our home, stealing our phones and then breaking into our safety deposit box at the bank is less than zero. Passcode manager on your phone is nice, unless you’re like mrs5150. She is handy with her iPhone, but would need to write down the passcode to get into a passcode manager. She has never been good at remembering pass codes, except the ones she uses all the time-like on her phone and banking.

We are not that paranoid. Turns out I lost my phone 10 days ago-first time ever. Used the “find my iPhone “ app and erased the lost phone. From my wife’s phone. No big deal. Can do the same from my iPad.

Last edited by Mr5150; 10-09-2018 at 09:42 AM..

Old 10-09-2018, 09:57 AM

Turns out they have the data already since it was backed up to cloud and also on an ipad. So I am going to do a factory reset. Thanks everyone!

Old 10-09-2018, 11:13 AM

Right on 5150. I get all cringey when I hear 'passwords written down" like the mini notebook my mom in law has hers all in.

Good result Clutchrider! Now make sure YOUR wife knows your codes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones