Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2018, 11:23 AM

3,527 posts, read 6,524,562 times

Advertisements

Some Iphones take selfie photos and flip them horizontally. I guess the idea is that if you looked in a real mirror, that's what it would look like.

Is that the default when you first buy an iphone (there is a way to turn it off).

I sometimes have signs or words in the background of a selfie so of course I wouldn't want it flipped. Most people's selfies are just people's faces. But I don't like the idea.

I found some pages saying how to turn it off but what is the correct method?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 07:28 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,851,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
Some Iphones take selfie photos and flip them horizontally. I guess the idea is that if you looked in a real mirror, that's what it would look like.
I do not have an answer for you except now I finally understand why I have seen so many selfies which have text in "mirror script" ...

Old 11-07-2018, 11:56 AM

3,527 posts, read 6,524,562 times
A lot of people took selfies with their "I Voted" stickers and they would notice it was reversed.

What bothers me the most is there is no simple way to turn off the flipping. If you have an Iphone is that true? You can't select whether to flip or not?

Old 11-07-2018, 01:14 PM

2,451 posts, read 3,213,571 times
Quote:

Is that the default when you first buy an iphone (there is a way to turn it off).

I sometimes have signs or words in the background of a selfie so of course I wouldn't want it flipped. Most people's selfies are just people's faces. But I don't like the idea.

I can't comment about he iPhone, but I just tried an experiment with my S8. With the phone's camera app, the screen shows the image reversed to make it easier to take the picture, but the resulting photo is correct. Using Facebook to take the picture, the resulting photo is reversed, so it may not be the camera so much as what app is used to take the picture.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:58 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,496,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
I can't comment about he iPhone, but I just tried an experiment with my S8. With the phone's camera app, the screen shows the image reversed to make it easier to take the picture, but the resulting photo is correct. Using Facebook to take the picture, the resulting photo is reversed, so it may not be the camera so much as what app is used to take the picture.
That is how the iphone took my selfie too. The I voted sticker is not backwards in the final photo.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:24 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,167,593 times
Quote:

Place you finger just by or slightly above the home button, and then drag the finger from the button toward the top of the screen. A window will appear with tap buttons for the flashlight and other things. Look for a paddle-lock button, and tap. I don't know if that is what you are looking for however, but that is the "screen lock/unlock" option. When locked the screen won't flip from vertical to horizontal, and if unlocked the screen will automatically flip around (from horizontal to vertical, and vice versa)

Old 11-11-2018, 02:00 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,114,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
+1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones