Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 02:55 PM

309 posts, read 367,167 times

Advertisements

My old env3 phone shows a missed call from 2 days ago. However, I have not had service on that phone in 3-1/2 years. I keep it around to use as an alarm clock. I clicked on it to check the time a little while ago, and that's when I discovered the "missed call". I last used it as an alarm 3 days ago.

How is this possible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 03:30 PM

550 posts, read 365,055 times
Agree really weird. Thoughts
- Was there a caller ID left with the missed call?
- Old cell phones, unless several plus years old, should only work to make calls to 911. Wondering if the 911 call center got their wires mixed up and their call back to whoever called them got routed to you instead of who it was intended, but only a guess.
- Was there a SIM card included with the phone that has your previous phone number on it. If your phone has a SIM card, there is either separate slot for it or it is around the battery (do not remove unless you know what you are doing). Wondering if some mix up when the carrier assigned the phone number to someone else. You can also go into the phone's Settings, and some submenu item one or two levels down says About Phone or My Phone Number. The carrier may in activating the phone number for someone else now may in their computer system pointed it also to your phone's ESN (electronic serial number). Did your old phone have service with a specific carrier i.e. Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint, or TMobile or was it a prepaid one that uses a mix of carriers such as a Tracfone?

Old 02-19-2019, 04:02 PM

There was only the number from which they called. I put the number in my current phone, and no known contact came up.

I still have the same carrier (Verizon) and phone number that I've always had. I haven't touched anything in the phone for years -- simply use it as an alarm and nothing else.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go09 View Post
There was only the number from which they called. I put the number in my current phone, and no known contact came up.

I still have the same carrier (Verizon) and phone number that I've always had. I haven't touched anything in the phone for years -- simply use it as an alarm and nothing else.

To be sure understanding, did they transfer the same phone number from your old phone to your new phone three and half years ago? If yes, sounds like an ESN mix up in their computer (maybe only temporarily). And if yes, since the call on your old cell phone, have you received incoming calls on your current active Verizon cell phone?

Old 02-19-2019, 05:40 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,245,044 times
You don’t know a Brian Douglas do you?

Old 02-19-2019, 05:49 PM

12,971 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Did you do a reset on your old phone when you replaced it? If you did, it should be just like it came from the factory with none of your information in it, including your phone number.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklcl View Post
To be sure understanding, did they transfer the same phone number from your old phone to your new phone three and half years ago? If yes, sounds like an ESN mix up in their computer (maybe only temporarily). And if yes, since the call on your old cell phone, have you received incoming calls on your current active Verizon cell phone?
Yes, I've had this same number for 7 or 8 years... and it was transferred to my current phone when I purchased it well over 3 yrs ago (after that long, I'm sure I've had hundreds and hundreds of calls.)

Old 02-19-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
You don’t know a Brian Douglas do you?
Brian Douglas? Do I sense a joke here?

I even considered if this was some sort of sign in my current what-am-i-going-to-change-in-my-life phase. Alas, googling the number left me without guidance, lol.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go09 View Post
Yes, I've had this same number for 7 or 8 years... and it was transferred to my current phone when I purchased it well over 3 yrs ago (after that long, I'm sure I've had hundreds and hundreds of calls.)
Since the missed call two days ago on your old cell phone, have you had any incoming calls on your current phone?
----------
Sent from my Android

Old 02-20-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklcl View Post
Since the missed call two days ago on your old cell phone, have you had any incoming calls on your current phone?
----------
Sent from my Android
Yes, it's still receiving calls and texts as normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones