Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 06:27 PM

84 posts, read 43,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
I am done with your nonsensical rants. Bye.

go ahead, leave, i can take this matter into my own thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2020, 06:37 PM

well a quick trip to verizons web site and what i found was shocking,

they do not want to shut down cdma at all because they understand that it is the most reliable in rural areas, they just want to scare people off the network then shrink the spectrum for E911 only

now i can say goodbye to this forum

Old 04-21-2020, 06:51 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVMY3GFONE View Post
my phone is technically verizon only becaue it is designed for verizon and doesnt take sim cards, i can get it to work on pageplus but the nearest pageplus store is 160 miles away and i have to go across a town where 99% of the population has covid 19
I think you missed my point. Right now, your phone is connected to Verizon. But when Verizon stop supporting CDMA, you have other options. One option is to use your own cell towers and not rely on a third party. That's the only way you will truly be in control of which technology is available to you.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I think you missed my point. Right now, your phone is connected to Verizon. But when Verizon stop supporting CDMA, you have other options. One option is to use your own cell towers and not rely on a third party. That's the only way you will truly be in control of which technology is available to you.

i found out that verizon actually had no plans to quit the CDMA network and this thread is rendered useless

Old 04-21-2020, 07:30 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,355,849 times
Quote:
i found out that verizon actually had no plans to quit the CDMA network and this thread is rendered useless
They were going to end it in December, 2019. They extended it to December 2020. Between now and the end of the year, you cannot change your phone to another 3g phone. After December 2020, Verizon will be positioned well to take down the old CDMA network in order to better purpose the frequencies.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
They were going to end it in December, 2019. They extended it to December 2020. Between now and the end of the year, you cannot change your phone to another 3g phone. After December 2020, Verizon will be positioned well to take down the old CDMA network in order to better purpose the frequencies.

nope i talked to this guy who works for verizon who just moved in and he told me their plans for the CDMA network and it goes like this:

they are leaving it mostly for elderly people or people who dont have the money to buy a 4g phone or pay for 4g service

Old 04-21-2020, 07:58 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
nope i talked to this guy who works for verizon who just moved in and he told me their plans for the CDMA network and it goes like this:

they are leaving it mostly for elderly people or people who dont have the money to buy a 4g phone or pay for 4g service
When they shut down their analog network, they sent out free upgrades to the small number of people still using analog phones. Without a doubt, they will do the same here.

Old 04-22-2020, 06:57 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Quote:
more like i demand my rights to choose the cell phone technology i prefer no matter how much of a backwards upside down loop around every cell carrier is

And they say millennial's act entitled...

Old 04-22-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
When they shut down their analog network, they sent out free upgrades to the small number of people still using analog phones. Without a doubt, they will do the same here.

Why the heck would anybody want their good ol BREW firmware 3G verizon phone replaced with an android trashpone?

Old 04-23-2020, 11:05 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
You are probably the only teenager in the USA using a flip phone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones