Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 04:59 PM

6,478 posts, read 10,350,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVMY3GFONE View Post
couldnt they at least leave it there for 911 service
It would be a waste of time and resources better spent on either expanding the current or new networks. No different than wanting your local gas station to provide leaded gasoline for your non-converted '57 Chevy.

Last edited by dontaskwhy; 04-15-2020 at 05:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVMY3GFONE View Post
there is still more people who rely on it

if verizon actually shuts it down im 1 mm away from roiting them like i did (unsuccessfully) when at&t shut down 2g
Trust me, they won't care if you leave. You make it sound like there are millions of users still using 3G who will walk with you. Even if you decide to leave, you will still need a new phone to use with a different carrier.

Old 04-15-2020, 07:37 PM

84 posts, read 43,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Trust me, they won't care if you leave. You make it sound like there are millions of users still using 3G who will walk with you. Even if you decide to leave, you will still need a new phone to use with a different carrier.
btw MY WHOLE FRICKIN NEIGHBORHOOD (about 3 houses per square mile) RELYS ON THE CDMA NETWORK!!!!!

the LTE towers are closer than the CDMA ones but the CDMA ones actually get into our houses, the LTE is soo poor that i have to be parked under the tower to get any signal!!!

Old 04-15-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
It would be a waste of time and resources better spent on either expanding the current or new networks. No different than wanting your local gas station to provide leaded gasoline for your non-converted '57 Chevy.
2 things: 1; it would be a waste of time making customers angry by shutting down the most reliable network known to man

2; how the heck did you know i had a 1957 chevy?

Old 04-15-2020, 07:57 PM

Verizon has made it clear that they are shutting down CDMA by the end of the year. Time to upgrade your phone sooner than later. By the time they do shut it down in your area, VOLTE should be available/improved and you will have cellular access. It is possible that the local VOLTE networks are still being updated/implemented or pointed incorrectly. I do wish you the best.

"I drove my Chevy to levy but the levy was dry"

Old 04-15-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Verizon has made it clear that they are shutting down CDMA by the end of the year. Time to upgrade your phone sooner than later. By the time they do shut it down in your area, VOLTE should be available/improved and you will have cellular access. It is possible that the local VOLTE networks are still being updated/implemented or pointed incorrectly. I do wish you the best.

"I drove my Chevy to levy but the levy was dry"
just talk to the folks round my place, they all tried to convince big red to fix the LTE service out here and every attempt failed miserably, i guess they have no respect for us cowboys

Old 04-16-2020, 09:36 AM

Just keep contacting Verizon about coverage (or lack of in your area). Eventually, with enough calls from you and your neighbors, they should send an engineer out to verify actual coverage.

Yes, it is difficult when you are in an area with minimal coverage. I am currently with Sprint that has been acquired by T-mobile and I have some areas where I live without adequate coverage. I do feel your pain.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Just keep contacting Verizon about coverage (or lack of in your area). Eventually, with enough calls from you and your neighbors, they should send an engineer out to verify actual coverage.

Yes, it is difficult when you are in an area with minimal coverage. I am currently with Sprint that has been acquired by T-mobile and I have some areas where I live without adequate coverage. I do feel your pain.
so the more we annoy the company, the closer they are to fixing the places cell service?

Old 04-16-2020, 11:16 AM

We can only hope.

The old proverb "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" comes to mind. Keep in mind that if the carrier feels there are not enough customers in a particular area to warrant coverage, they will not pay to maintain service unless required to by the FCC. You could also reach out to the FCC to file a complaint if you feel your requests are being "ignored". Just saying. Best wishes.

Old 04-16-2020, 05:19 PM

Quote:
We can only hope.

The old proverb "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" comes to mind. Keep in mind that if the carrier feels there are not enough customers in a particular area to warrant coverage, they will not pay to maintain service unless required to by the FCC. You could also reach out to the FCC to file a complaint if you feel your requests are being "ignored". Just saying. Best wishes.
ok then, also a quick note theres lots of anger filling up in the area as some of my neighbors are preparing for a mob heading towards the nearest verizon store, so i hope something good comes up

also just look at my username and youll see why the cdma network is so darn important

Last edited by ILUVMY3GFONE; 04-16-2020 at 05:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones