Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 07:41 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times

Advertisements

Because he wants backup. See his other thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 07:41 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
If you want to be sure this will work, don't scan the boarding pass. Use a different method of identifying yourself to the kiosk that doesn't indicate you have a boarding pass in your possession! (Insert your credit card or enter your itinerary number.) That way, you'll be covered if the kiosk is programmed to not offer printed passes to people who have an electronic pass in their possession.

Last edited by Bo; 03-26-2019 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: Added a sentence and changed a word, for clarity.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:08 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,127,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
If you want to be sure this will work, don't scan the boarding pass. Use a different method of identifying yourself to the kiosk that doesn't indicate you have a paper boarding pass! (Insert your credit card or enter your itinerary number.)
Hey... I can type the number in easy. I just want to know if anyone had actually scanned their barcode on their phone to get a back up copy of the BP. On AA, if you type the number in, then you have to go through about 6 questions.

And yes, some of us are old school and don’t trust our electronics because we come from a time when electronics were not all that reliable, and know times now when they are not. Heck, I was at Walmart in the middle of a checkout kiosk and the entire store suddenly lost power for about 5 minutes. Shiht happens, and having it happen in the middle of the security line is just not fun, especially when you are traveling with someone else who was already through the line. I want my airline travel to be BORING not painful.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:29 AM

I think you are just over complicating.

I'm a giant tech nerd with a flagship phone and I travel A LOT.

I still don't use the scan my phone method for the BP.

I get to the airport. I go to the kiosk. I swipe my driver's license. I get my paper boarding pass after answering a few questions. It's pretty quick easy and painless.

Just print the boarding pass at home or at the airport. Forget relying on the phone. THIS FROM A#1 TECH NERD GUY!

Boom.
Next question?
LOL

Old 03-26-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I think you are just over complicating.
Boom.
Next question?
LOL
Its my right to do it my way, not your way. Your way works for you because Murphy’s Law doesn’t follow YOU around like it does me. If it can go wrong it will go wrong for me---always been that way. If I’m prepared with back-ups, then it never goes wrong. For example, if I take the flu shot I always get the flu. If I don’t take it, I never get the flu even if my wife gets the flulike she did two weeks ago, coughing in the house for days).

PLEASE....If you don’t have the answer to my simple question, don’t make up another question and answer that!

Yes.... I have the number handy. Yes I can see an agent. Yes I can and mostly do print a back up at home(of course on the return trip I won’t be at home anymore). Yes I can punch the number in at the kiosk. Yes I can scan my passport.

BUT>>>>>>>>>> does anyone know if the scanning the barcode on the iPhone BP on the kiosk actually works. Simple question. Answer that

Old 03-26-2019, 11:57 AM

We're just talking, man. Getting off topic a bit. That's what we do here. Take it easy.

No one here can answer your question.... because no one does that.

If AA says it will work, then I would believe that.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:17 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,661,462 times
Quote:
We're just talking, man. Getting off topic a bit. That's what we do here. Take it easy.

No one here can answer your question.... because no one does that.

If AA says it will work, then I would believe that.
In addition to this, chances are good that it will work just as well as having your boarding pass scanned at the checkpoint (which my son did twice this week without issue).

Old 03-26-2019, 01:53 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
How many boarding pass threads we're going to have, OP?
This is your #4. Enough of it, please...

Old 03-26-2019, 04:07 PM

Sorry. I have just had a lot of different boarding pass questions. And some of them are still not answered.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
because no one does that.
Lots of people do it or it wouldn’t be on the menu. What you really mean is that “no one who has seen the question here has actually used that method”. I’m still hoping that someone who has can tell me whether it simply prints the paper BP immediately, or whether you still have to go through the 6 or seven questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones