Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 10:12 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times

Advertisements

i did notice that it will be discounted by $200 after thanksgiving, so the plan is to buy when i can get that discount. im happy to get the discount but price isnt the deciding factor. i also like a phone to not be too big, something relatively easy to use one handed. the pixel 2 fits fine and id love to not go bigger but it seems bigger is the way most brands go. i use google hangouts, calendar, docs, etc. so i feel like its wise to stick with the pixel but im open to other brands if they are better. im theoretically open to an iphone but i think my heavy use of google programs would probably make that unwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 08:21 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i did notice that it will be discounted by $200 after thanksgiving
It's $200 off starting next Monday, the 24th.

Old 12-03-2019, 02:18 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
It's $200 off starting next Monday, the 24th.
thanks, i saw your post and i believe i was actually able to order it sunday night. i now have my pixel 4. i dont feel a huge difference from my pixel 2 (which i was very happy with). some differences in navigating since now the screen is all the way to the bottom. i just shipped out my old phone to get some money out of google for it.

Old 12-11-2019, 11:31 PM

1 posts, read 641 times
Comparing the iPhone 11 Pro Max and the Pixel 4 XL in terms of performance and performance is a bit easier. If you really find an Android phone that is better than Apple in terms of performance and quality, let us know. Apple's processor is the most powerful and fastest processor in the world known as the A13 Bionic. Google also uses the powerful Snapdragon 855 processor. The use of this processor has made the Google Pixel phone a head and neck higher than otherAndroid phones. But it's still far behind Apple's powerful processor.

But in terms of storage and storage, Google has overtaken Apple by offering 6GB of RAM. Apple doesn't usually announce the amount of RAM on their phones, but according to experience, the iPhone 11 Pro Max only has 4GB of RAM. In terms of storage space, Google and Apple both offer 64 GB of storage space. Of course, you can buy 128, 256, and 512 GB phones for extra.

Source:[url]http://phonedata.blogfa.com[/url]

Old 12-12-2019, 06:46 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,714,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSmith69 View Post
Comparing the iPhone 11 Pro Max and the Pixel 4 XL in terms of performance and performance is a bit easier. If you really find an Android phone that is better than Apple in terms of performance and quality, let us know. Apple's processor is the most powerful and fastest processor in the world known as the A13 Bionic. Google also uses the powerful Snapdragon 855 processor. The use of this processor has made the Google Pixel phone a head and neck higher than otherAndroid phones. But it's still far behind Apple's powerful processor.

But in terms of storage and storage, Google has overtaken Apple by offering 6GB of RAM. Apple doesn't usually announce the amount of RAM on their phones, but according to experience, the iPhone 11 Pro Max only has 4GB of RAM. In terms of storage space, Google and Apple both offer 64 GB of storage space. Of course, you can buy 128, 256, and 512 GB phones for extra.

Source:جدیدترین و بهترین گوشی های موبایل
Half wrong. I've had a Pixel 3 and now a 11 Pro. There's things that each phone can do better, (I kinda miss my widgets from Android) but storage goes to Apple, ignoring cost. You can't buy a Pixel bigger than 128gb right now. You can buy a 64gb phone in both, but for me, that's absolutely useless. I stream, but I also keep copies of playlists on the phone along with full res photos, along with the oddball movie now and then. I have a 256GB iPhone, I had a 128gb Pixel and had to be careful keeping movies on it. Not so much with the iPhone.

Regarding RAM, it's also an apples to oranges comparison. Apple doesn't announce it because there's no need to - their memory management is mostly top notch, aside from the glitch in iOS 13 that was fixed. My Pixel was garbage for management through 2 OS versions, 9 and 10, worse with 10. I won't even go into the memory issues I had with my Galaxy S8 before I bought the Pixel, but software has never been a strong point with Samsung.

I skipped the Pixel 4 simply because there wasn't anything "good" about it for the price they wanted. Battery life was crappy, the screen was a gimmick to me. I wanted a phone with better battery life that'd work with the rest of my stuff (we use iPads and Apple TVs), so I went with the iPhone. Camera is good, battery life is spectacular - I can easily go all day and not need to worry about finding a charger, whereas my Pixel was struggling by afternoon, and the screen is just as good as the one on my Pixel 3.

Old 12-12-2019, 06:57 AM

16,546 posts, read 19,689,232 times
Why is this becoming the Apple v Google thread when OP specifically asked about one specific phone.

Old 12-12-2019, 12:33 PM

2,266 posts, read 3,714,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Why is this becoming the Apple v Google thread when OP specifically asked about one specific phone.
Pixel 4 came out at a bad time with not enough to write home about, at least compared to the iPhone 11 and Pro. I think no matter what though, anytime you compare the "flagships" of both, it's going to degrade. I'm glad I have experience with both though, makes it easier to compare the phones themselves. Same problem I have with Samsung - great hardware, garbage software. Pixel 4 was the opposite - great software, not so great hardware.

....still can't get over the battery life of the 11 Pro through...

Old 12-12-2019, 12:55 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,810,288 times
It doesn't help that the Pixel 4 was a downgrade in battery compared to the Pixel 3. The Pixel 4 camera is only slightly better than the Pixel 3, but it does have the zoom lens. I have the iPhone 11 Pro and Pixel 3. Apple is definitely upping its game when it comes to cameras but it still lags behind the Pixels. The battery life on the iPhone, however, is just amazing.

Old 05-09-2020, 11:22 AM

4 posts, read 1,158 times
The difference between the second and fourth generation will be noticeable, especially in terms of performance. The Pixel 2 uses a fast Snapdragon 835 processor, but the Pixel 4 got an even more powerful Snapdragon 855. Despite the higher frequency of the graphics accelerator, Snapdragon 835 loses its successor almost 100 percent in benchmarks. I'm not talking about energy efficiency...

https://nanoreview.net/en/soc-compar...snapdragon-835
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones