Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 12:49 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,471,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Is it still possible to use an old (for instance) Nokia flip phone from 10-15 years ago that was strictly for making and accepting calls? TracFone "made" me switch to an android (sending me a replacement at no charge) when some technology or other rolled out, though I never wanted it, nor have I ever used it as such. I would much prefer to revert to my old standard flip version of which I still have a couple of models. I thought it would be impossible, but several people have told me they've continued to use their without interruption. What did I miss?
Quote:
I don't want to buy a NEW flip phone; I'll just continue to use my analog as a plain phone (not using all the features available). What I needed to know before throwing them out is if I or anyone can still use my hand-held Motorola cell and/or LG flip (both TracFone).
How does one buy a free phone? No charge implies free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 01:04 PM

21,483 posts, read 12,588,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
How does one buy a free phone? No charge implies free.
In order to have a flip phone THAT WORKS (I'm being told here), I'd have to buy (another) one since my old one (which I bought; the analog replacement was free) won't.

Reading comprehension?

Old 07-06-2020, 03:51 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,471,416 times
Quote:
Sorry; I didn't mean "analog"; I meant "android" (warned you I wasn't techy).

The old phones are just...old (cell) phones with SIM cards.
Quote:
In order to have a flip phone THAT WORKS (I'm being told here), I'd have to buy (another) one since my old one (which I bought; the analog replacement was free) won't.

Reading comprehension?
Thank you for the insult (from someone who mixes up the terms analog and android). How about if you learn to spell out a post before you post. If you wish to insult, please be sure you have your grammatical ducks in a row

Old 07-06-2020, 06:44 PM

21,483 posts, read 12,588,095 times
Thanks for the helpful replies! I'll ditch the two old phones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones