Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 05:38 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times

Advertisements

I can only speak to their cell service, as SBC serves landline phone and SuddenLink is what you get for cable/internet.

I have never had any problems with AT&T. I’m a truck driver, so odds are that going to Verizon would be a lateral move as far as coverage goes. I haven’t really had cause to call them in the decade plus that I’ve been with them, so I can’t even comment on their customer service.

Their unlimited plans have degraded over the years, as they will throttle speed if you go over certain amounts - which doesn’t sound like unlimited to me, but eh - and they ended the two-year phone trade in programs in favor of essentially financing new phones for a monthly fee not too far off from a Netflix subscription. Bummer, but I can’t say I’m that surprised. These things are eye-poppingly expensive when you look at MSRP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 10:33 AM

325 posts, read 163,577 times
i have directv and AT&T'S customer service is crap. so is there billing you best not change your plan or more than likely you'll be calling in asking where's your discount. i would never use AT&T for my wireless provider. overseas CSR'S most have rocks in there heads for brains at best. one hand don't know what the other hand is doing you get my drift. i'll stick with verizon merican support that's well trained. makes all the difference in the world vs calling in pulling your hair out of your head yelling and screaming at them. AT&T sucks!!!

Old 08-13-2020, 12:39 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,473,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxmfan2018 View Post
i have directv and AT&T'S customer service is crap. so is there billing you best not change your plan or more than likely you'll be calling in asking where's your discount. i would never use AT&T for my wireless provider. overseas CSR'S most have rocks in there heads for brains at best. one hand don't know what the other hand is doing you get my drift. i'll stick with verizon merican support that's well trained. makes all the difference in the world vs calling in pulling your hair out of your head yelling and screaming at them. AT&T sucks!!!
Totally, Totally agree.

It's the absolute worst customer service.

There service works which is the only saving grace but just hope you never have to call them and that goes for wireless, business, whatever. They are all the same.

Old 08-22-2021, 05:38 PM

23,527 posts, read 24,011,889 times
I had a company provided AT&T Apple iPhone that I only used for business calls and it worked great. Never had to contact customer service, so I don’t have any experiences with their cellular customer service.

At one time, I had an AT&T phone line, U Verse TV and home internet service. Services were very reliable, customer service was good. Only thing I didn’t care for were their annual price increases of between 2-5%. My bill for such a bundle started out reasonable, but after 5 years of price increases, it was expensive.

Old 09-05-2021, 02:26 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,069,999 times
I've been fine with AT&T. Sometimes calls get dropped around dinner time or text messages don't go through. Otherwise my service has been pretty good. I had excellent cell service when I travelled overseas. I was in a number of countries and always had cell phone service. I don't have a cheap plan though. I haven't upgraded or changed my plan in years and I have more data than I really need.

Old 11-09-2021, 07:01 PM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
This is my experience going from Verizon to AT&T last month. I had Verizon for 15 years and always had good service with them. Although here in Ocala I was at times having signal problems which were frustrating.. I already had Direct TV which is owned by AT&T. Their sales people would call me now and then to try to sell me a bundle package phone and TV. Even though I would consider changing over I would decline, but last month they offered me a bundle package I felt I couldn't refuse. A $250 credit that would reduce my bill $25 per month until the $250 was used up. A military discount, a autopay discount and $20 off my Direct TV bill for 12 months. I was also told I could use my phone from Verizon and didn't need to buy another phone unless I wanted to. I said I wanted to use my Moto G7 phone from verizon. I was told with the promotion and discounts I could expect a phone bill of approx $55 including the taxes. So everything sounded great. Then the agent tells me my Moto phone will not work with At&t. That I will need to get their phone and it will be $1 per month for 36 months. I said that seems extremely cheap for a Samsung phone. I said ok since there was no other contract requirements. I could canx and not be penalized beyond the cost of the phone. The phone came 2 days later.

I then started getting odd texts from Att. strange outrageous costs for service and no mention of all these promotions and discounts I was told I was getting. I then called them and they don't know what I'm talking about. I got mad and went up to their corporate store here in Ocala. No one there knew what I was talking about. In fact they told me I should not have done this over the phone and should have come in to the store I explained I had no desire to have phone service thru them, I was called by ATT and they offered me these promotions to change from Verizon. I got no where with them and I'm completely disgusted. . I definitely was scamed by AT&T and I did find out the calls were coming from a 3rd party contractor in the Phillipines. I found that out by calling the AT&T Loyalty dept in Boise Idaho. I already suspected the calls were coming from overseas. These people do though work for AT&T so the company is aware of this, and did absoutely nothing to help me. Other then we are sorry you got an employee that called and gave you these promotions. However she didn't document these promotions so we can't honor then. Can you believe they actually operate like this. Their liars and crooks. It may do me no good but I am reporting them to the FLorida Attorney General's office for assistance on what can be done. Perhaps a complaint with the FCC needs to be made. I am not letting this go and don't want others treated this way. If its happening to me its happening to thousands of others also. I can't believe they can get away with this. Obviously the agent doing this gets a commission but the customer gets screwed. My phone bills that is suppose to be $55 a month are $85 a month. It was $60 with Verizon. . I am so mad I most likely will canx both Direct TV and At&t by weeks end. I honestly can't do business with a shady crooked company that lies to me to make a sale. Thanks for LIstening.

Last edited by Jimrob1; 11-09-2021 at 07:24 PM..

Old 11-10-2021, 01:11 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Had their internet for years because it was all that we could get. It would go out at least once a month and would take a week to get it fixed.

Old 11-10-2021, 08:35 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
The fact is:

- Verizon does not have the best 5G coverage
- AT&T now has the worst 5G coverage
- Tmobile now has the nation's best 5G coverage

The only reason Verizon still maintains coverage is that it falls back to 4G/LTE when there's no 5G.

AT&T has the 2nd best coverage but now imo is 3rd place.

Tmobile has the best 5G coverage, ok LTE coverage, Verizon has the best LTE coverage, AT&T is somewhere in between. The worst 5G, 2nd place LTE coverage.

But if you live in big metro areas verizon still has the best coverage all around and Tmobile is now 2nd and AT&T is 3rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones