U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2021, 03:22 AM

504 posts, read 265,396 times

Advertisements

I really like flip phones, but none of the ones I've tried have very good sound quality.
I find cell phones in general are not very good, but the flip phones are particularly bad - the sound in so fuzzy as to be unhearable sometimes. The smart phones are generally better, but I'm looking for a flip phone.

Most of the time, I use my landline, which has very good sound, but sometimes I have to use a cell phone and it can be a real problem.

Has anyone bought a flip phone in the past year or so that had excellent sound?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2021, 04:29 AM

45,027 posts, read 64,408,876 times
I have no idea, but I googled this:
https://www.bestproducts.com/tech/el...t-flip-phones/
https://www.technorms.com/69395/best-flip-phones
https://www.theseniorlist.com/cell-phones/best/flip/
https://screenrant.com/best-flip-phones/

The Cingular Flip IV:
"Overall, we found the Cingular Flip IV super easy to use, and love the on-screen menu as well. It’s very easy to text on, and we saw several comments about the excellent sound quality."

LG Exalt LTE from Verizon:
"We appreciated the large buttons and screen on this phone. The sound quality also scored highly in our tests."

LONG-CZ J9 World Mini Smallest Flip Mobile Phone B07NS7YDKS:
"Crisp sound of FM radio"

etc...
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by elnina; 01-19-2021 at 04:39 AM..

Old 01-21-2021, 07:47 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,841,577 times
OP,
Is it your phone that is the problem or is it your hearing? I knew my hearing was getting worse when I could only hear well when using a landline and only when the person calling me was not using a speaker phone or a cell phone.

Three years ago I finally decided to have my hearing tested (it had been slowly getting worse over 15 years). While I have very good hearing for low pitch sounds, the medium pitch sounds were not good and the high pitch sounds I could not hear at all. Best decision I ever made was to invest in a good pair of hearing aids with blue tooth capabilities. Calls go directly thru my hearing aids and automatically balance the sound thru both ears. My hearing was restored to 96% of normal hearing. The iphone app automatically adjusts the hearing aids based upon the noise conditions it detects.

Just saying that the issue might not be the quality of the flip phone or smart phone. If the issue is your hearing the quality of even using a landline may depend upon if the person calling you is using a speaker phone or a cell phone.

Old 01-21-2021, 11:59 AM

2,265 posts, read 520,521 times
There is a lot of difference in sound quality in both feature phones and smart phones. Honestly you just have to try before you buy. The cheaper the phone the lower the quality as rough rule of thumb. But not always true and used phones can be real bargain if you are careful shopper and understand what you need. Be very careful to get a 4G LTE phone, 3G is on way out and most flip phones were 3G. I had a Samsung they gave me free when I signed up at one place. Great flip phone, good sound, great battery life, but it was 3G and long defunct.

I will say my current Sonim XP5 (candybar) feature phone has very good sound. I actually prefer the speaker phone function on it to holding it up to my ear, but both are fine. There is a flip phone version, the Sonim XP3. These now have enough age, the XP5 can be had used very cheap and usually in very good condition. The XP3 were rarer so an unlocked one tends to be more expensive. Both I think still available new though crazy prices new.

Old 01-25-2021, 07:18 PM

274 posts, read 51,135 times
my new ZTE Z2332 gets pretty good quality sound
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones