U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM

18,101 posts, read 5,074,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
While that may be true of Verizon, my legacy (since 2007) T-Mobile PayAsYouGo plan accepts a minimum $10 (ten) a year to stay active. Like the OPs's senior citizen, I too only use about 30 minutes a year. Send no texts, and not a smartphone. Current balance is about $20. YMMV.
AT&T let me do that a few times, and they were going to let me do that around Christmas time, but I didn’t want my expiration date to be right around Christmas, som( asked if I could do that in early January (1st week). The rep said yes, just call back during the first week in January and they’ll do that and that she’d indicate it in the notes as well. I called back i during that first week in January, and they refused to do it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM

18,101 posts, read 5,074,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2014 View Post
Since I also had a Verizon pay as you go wireless phone plan, I responded to the OP as I am familiar with the Verizon terms and conditions. I am sure other carriers have their own terms and conditions.

For the first 13 years I only used a flip phone for emergencies, which is why I had almost $1000 credit after 10 years. The reason being that my hearing was getting so bad that I could not hear on a cell phone unless I was in my car, parked and the windows rolled up to cut out all outside background noise.

A game changer for me was when I got hearing aids. With a bluetooth app on my iphone 7 it restored my hearing to 96% of normal. The call goes directly thru to my hearing aids. I got my life back due to hearing aids and a smart phone.

A relative of mine had the same issue and had to deal with it via the better half taking care of that...and this relative had the best hearing aids available at the time....the key being at the time.

Unfortunately, this relative passed away before the set up you’re mentioning above was available.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones