Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2023, 05:53 AM

43,015 posts, read 76,510,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Been dealing with Spectrum for many years, and Time Warner before that. Don't remember the pricing back then but it goes back a couple of decades for internet. Cable TV before that. I had been paying $75 fixed for 300mbps. Recently went up to $80 fixed. It is not ridiculous when you look at the whole picture. I don't pay for any other TV. We rely on it heavily and we really get our money's worth, probably up to 1tb use per month, there are no caps.

As for their customer service, seems ok to me. I never really call them, it just works. I suppose it can be different for others.

AT&T Fiber is moving into my area. Now THAT is one company which has the worst customer service ever. Makes Spectrum look like the best ever. They are advertising $55 for 300mb, offering service up to 5gb. They are notorious for adding all kinds of charges on your bill and raising the price whenever they want. No thanks on ATT, not for me.

No issues whatsoever with ATT fiber here after 6-7 years, but we got 1GB service as soon as they laid the fiber and we are grandfathered in at less than their current rates for 300.
You might check to see if they offer an introductory rate to gain customers that they will guarantee.

And, we have UVerse TV and we use it a lot. Unfortunately, they no longer offer UVerse. They would be glad to convert us to DirectTV, but we don't want that downgrade. So we DO pay up and absorb cost increases to maintain the level of TV we currently have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2023, 08:58 AM

1,418 posts, read 738,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
No issues whatsoever with ATT fiber here after 6-7 years, but we got 1GB service as soon as they laid the fiber and we are grandfathered in at less than their current rates for 300.
You might check to see if they offer an introductory rate to gain customers that they will guarantee.

And, we have UVerse TV and we use it a lot. Unfortunately, they no longer offer UVerse. They would be glad to convert us to DirectTV, but we don't want that downgrade. So we DO pay up and absorb cost increases to maintain the level of TV we currently have.
They charge $300 a month?

Old 02-20-2023, 10:24 AM

43,015 posts, read 76,510,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce88 View Post
They charge $300 a month?

$59.99/month for 1gb internet. 300mb is $65/month, so we can't save on the speed.
TV is the real expense, and we have the U300.

Total bill right now is $213.81, TV and Internet.

I can often call in and get a credit or a special rate for a period of time on the UVerse amount.

Old 02-20-2023, 10:25 AM

16,448 posts, read 19,466,184 times
He's paying less then what they currently charge for 300 speed is what he means.

Old 02-20-2023, 01:28 PM

43,303 posts, read 43,962,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Been dealing with Spectrum for many years, and Time Warner before that. Don't remember the pricing back then but it goes back a couple of decades for internet. Cable TV before that. I had been paying $75 fixed for 300mbps. Recently went up to $80 fixed. It is not ridiculous when you look at the whole picture. I don't pay for any other TV. We rely on it heavily and we really get our money's worth, probably up to 1tb use per month, there are no caps.
After Spectrum took over from Time Warner, my internet became much more glitchy. But it is not worth the hassle to switch to one of the other 2 providers that now serve my area.

Old 02-20-2023, 01:45 PM

16,448 posts, read 19,466,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
After Spectrum took over from Time Warner, my internet became much more glitchy. But it is not worth the hassle to switch to one of the other 2 providers that now serve my area.
It's truly not that much of a hassle. It probably is 100% worth the 'hassle'. A couple phone calls and a home visit, maybe, to save money and have no glitchy?
Never settle.

Old 03-11-2023, 11:47 PM

4 posts, read 1,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina
Spectrum, yes. They are known for that for a long time now.
Yup they know there isnt many options so they dont think they have to fix stuff.......

They are INDEED horrid!!

Old 03-12-2023, 02:03 PM
KCZ

4,654 posts, read 3,597,732 times
Anyone with a choice of providers should feel lucky.

Old 04-03-2023, 10:58 AM

755 posts, read 479,000 times
When we moved to TX last year, we decided to go with Spectrum, because their store was the closest to the house we bought. The wife has an I-phone, and an I-Pad, which I don't like because I'm an MS guy. All my computer use is Microsoft because that's what most businesses use. I could never get her I- Pad to do what I wanted it to so I stayed in the MS camp and went with a Samsung AO3 phone using Spectrum. What a huge mistake! This phone is the WORST phone I've ever used. Nothing is intuitive. It would drop it's connection to a tower and then tell me I am not connected. I had to restart it constantly to get the connection back. It beeps and twerps all the time for some function it's doing, and it somehow restarts itself after I've turned it off for the day. I had one of the Great Call phones and it was great, simple to use, intuitive, I liked it, with the exception of it's habit of dialing 911 two or three times a day. I didn't have the health monitoring function, and I spoke to a lot of 911 operators cause once it calls 911, you can't stop it. The function is hardwired into it. The user manual is a joke, and you can't get a printed copy of it, I have asked their customer service many times for one and it is not available. Icons appear and disappear from the home screen all the time, requiring another restart, but it seems Samsung is the only game in town besides I-phone.

Old 04-03-2023, 05:11 PM
KCZ

4,654 posts, read 3,597,732 times
I've been on hold with Comcast for over an hour and a half now, trying to get through to anyone there that A) speaks English and B) does tech support. Internet was down multiple times over the weekend (daily occurrence). $230/month for crap service and crap customer service and crap tech support. Tried to get them to reduce my bill...they refused. The last time they were here on a service visit (on a Thursday) they robocalled me twice Sunday morning before 6 am to remind me of the appt. @#%$! This internet problem has being going on forever and I can't get them to find and fix the problem.

What internet speed do I need to cut the cord, stream TV shows incl sports, and use the internet like normal humans in 2023? Is 3.5 Mbps from my landline company going to do it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones