Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2023, 07:05 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Big green CHAT WITH US button.
That WAS appearing on my screen (it's what I used several times before); now it's NOT.

That is definitely weird (maybe I've been blackballed for harassing them), but I suspect chat wouldn't be able to help -- again -- since they didn't help last time, referring me instead to the customer service number -- which also couldn't help.

So feel free to address the initial post instead of the disappearing green chat button...

Last edited by otterhere; 01-13-2023 at 07:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2023, 04:28 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
I transferred my number to newer phones several times in the past and they never sent any text. A few weeks ago my phone died and I had to do a number transfer and they texted me a security code. Since my phone was dead I couldn't received the text to complete the transfer. What really irked was they said we sent a text to your chosen method. There was no other choices.

I chatted with them and they wanted to text me the security code again. I told them my phone is dead I won't get the text. Then they said we will email it to you. I got my phone number transferred eventually. But they give you two choices: text or email on their website.

Old 01-15-2023, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I transferred my number to newer phones several times in the past and they never sent any text. A few weeks ago my phone died and I had to do a number transfer and they texted me a security code. Since my phone was dead I couldn't received the text to complete the transfer. What really irked was they said we sent a text to your chosen method. There was no other choices.

I chatted with them and they wanted to text me the security code again. I told them my phone is dead I won't get the text. Then they said we will email it to you. I got my phone number transferred eventually. But they give you two choices: text or email on their website.
Nope; I asked them to email it to me instead, and they won't.

Old 02-08-2023, 11:40 PM

805 posts, read 539,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Is this some scam to make us change our numbers and bilk us out of minutes/service we've already bought?

Yes.

Old 02-09-2023, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretBartle View Post
Yes.
Agreed. I got absolutely nowhere for two weeks until I finally went on chat to ask if my phone was unlocked so I could transfer my number to TELLO, another carrier. Only at that point did they actually help me. I was able to keep my phone, my number, and the minutes/days I had already paid for. Not good, but it's still the cheapest for my purposes, so I'm staying with them for now.

Old 03-03-2023, 08:32 AM

6,340 posts, read 4,892,353 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about the "self-service is right at your fingertips" link. Obviously I can't use that since I have no working phone and can't text. I'm talking about the online chat (scroll down) I've used before on my laptop, which is NOT now providing a link.
Same here. On my computer the chat is not a live link like the other two contact methods are. I can chat on my phone but that costs me minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
From your computer, go to Facebook, search for "Tracfone" and there should be a link to connect to chat with a CS rep. Good luck.
That worked. The chat box came up automatically after a few seconds.

https://www.facebook.com/TracfoneWireless/

Old 04-19-2023, 01:42 PM

4,196 posts, read 4,077,595 times
Quote:
When I pointed out this error in logic, they said they could verify the last four digits of my credit card instead. When I gave THAT to them, they insisted they didn't have that number on file. At this point I'm losing my mind. Well, um, that's my ONLY credit card, so I don't know what to tell them?
I know this thread is months old but I just saw it and had a similar experience. When they ask for the last four digits of your credit card that only works if you had used a credit card to buy a service plan directly from Tracfone. The phone reps don’t explain that and just ask for the last four digits. I buy Tracfone cards with cash in stores so that method of “verification” doesn’t work for me and they refused to resolve my issue. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and then they took care of the situation.

Old 04-19-2023, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I know this thread is months old but I just saw it and had a similar experience. When they ask for the last four digits of your credit card that only works if you had used a credit card to buy a service plan directly from Tracfone. The phone reps don’t explain that and just ask for the last four digits. I buy Tracfone cards with cash in stores so that method of “verification” doesn’t work for me and they refused to resolve my issue. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and then they took care of the situation.
Yes; same here. It was beyond frustrating! I'm now facing another issue wherein I bought another year of service days on eBay and, although chat and phone call confirm the new date, dialing 611611 for balance doesn't acknowledge/confirm it. Guess I'll see which it is when the old date comes up soon! Congrats on resolving your problem; I may need that number, LOL.

Old 04-19-2023, 06:23 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
Yes; same here. It was beyond frustrating! I'm now facing another issue wherein I bought another year of service days on eBay and, although chat and phone call confirm the new date, dialing 611611 for balance doesn't acknowledge/confirm it. Guess I'll see which it is when the old date comes up soon! Congrats on resolving your problem; I may need that number, LOL.
I have noticed it can take a few days for the balance to be corrected when buying off eBay or HSN.

Old 04-19-2023, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I have noticed it can take a few days for the balance to be corrected when buying off eBay or HSN.
So Tracfone told me, but it's been almost a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones