Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2008, 08:16 AM

409 posts, read 1,501,529 times

Advertisements

I bought the phone one day after it's release from Alltel. I was the first to buy it from this particular Alltel store I was told. The next day I was out and about and had the phone in my pocket. I tried to use it but it was dead. As strange as it seemed I assumed the battery had died despite the fact that it had been recently charged. The next day the same thing happened. Turns out the screen was going black and locking up. No button or screen taps would make the screen turn back on. The only way to get it back on is to reset the phone and wait for it to boot back up again. As soon as I realized what the problem was (2 days after purchase) I was told by customer service to bring the phone back to the location of purchase. I left work early to make it before they closed to have the switch the phone. Guess what? The new phone does the exact same thing! I get no help from Alltel because it is a new phone with "no current known issues". THIS IS A FREAKIN ISSUE. No help what-so-ever. Now I am stuck with the phone on contract with them. Time to call the lawyer.

My friend's Sprint Touch Diamond works like a charm. I am not posting this to rant and rave over nonsense. I just want you to consider the above situation when considering choosing Alltel or this expensive phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 06:33 AM

10,924 posts, read 21,897,816 times
Have had zero problems with my Sprint Touch Diamond, not that it helps you any.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 6 days ago)

43,083 posts, read 76,642,306 times
AllTel lets me return a phone within 15 days for refund.
In North Carolina.

Can you not do the same in Florida?

Did you go to AllTel company store, or to an "authorized" seller.

Anyway, I'm curious how it works out, since I am also considering the HTC Diamond from AllTel.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:48 AM

4,892 posts, read 14,095,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabbz View Post
I bought the phone one day after it's release from Alltel. I was the first to buy it from this particular Alltel store I was told. The next day I was out and about and had the phone in my pocket. I tried to use it but it was dead. As strange as it seemed I assumed the battery had died despite the fact that it had been recently charged. The next day the same thing happened. Turns out the screen was going black and locking up. No button or screen taps would make the screen turn back on. The only way to get it back on is to reset the phone and wait for it to boot back up again. As soon as I realized what the problem was (2 days after purchase) I was told by customer service to bring the phone back to the location of purchase. I left work early to make it before they closed to have the switch the phone. Guess what? The new phone does the exact same thing! I get no help from Alltel because it is a new phone with "no current known issues". THIS IS A FREAKIN ISSUE. No help what-so-ever. Now I am stuck with the phone on contract with them. Time to call the lawyer.

My friend's Sprint Touch Diamond works like a charm. I am not posting this to rant and rave over nonsense. I just want you to consider the above situation when considering choosing Alltel or this expensive phone.
Take it back, do not leave until you get satisfaction

Old 04-10-2010, 06:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,825 times
so i had the same problem(my fon wouldnt charge hold a charge..nothing).......i took the battery out and one of the connectors was bent......i bent it back into place....waala......fixed the problem.........i bet all of the problems ur having may be because the battery is not conneted to all points.....check it out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones