Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 12:09 AM

1 posts, read 17,927 times

Advertisements

I can get a good deal on a Blackberry. I'm thinking I want the Curve.

It's a big jump from my Samsung on the AT&T Pay as You Go plan.

I'd reallly like to keep my phone #, but the AT&T clerk who spoke with my wife seemed to think that would not be possible . What say ye?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 17,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertee View Post
I have a Blackberry curve and im using the At&t Go phone sim card in it, i was wondering if i can access the internet on it since it has wifi, without using the go-phone minutes?
Hi,
I was just wondering if u have any problems receiving and sending text messages.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:45 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,756,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa64 View Post
I was wondering, does anyone know if you can use an AT&T go phone sim card in any AT&T cell phone?
Thanks!
You can use the SIM card in any ATT phone and most any TMobile phone as long as it is unlocked from the carrier. ATT has a big problem with people buying in bulk their prepaid phones and reselling them as activated phones. They have sued a few people for doing this.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 17,468 times
i have tried using a At&t go phone sims card in another At&t phone but it didnt work. do you know what i should do?

Old 11-20-2009, 04:53 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,575,010 times
It used to work for sure, I did it myself. I bought a "Go Phone", some kind of Sony Ericsson, took the SIM out of my RAZR, and put it inthe new phone, turned it on, started working immediately. I used it for quite a while too. This was like 2008.

When I switched to iPhone, I did have to get a new SIM.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:30 PM

649 posts, read 1,132,574 times
if you buy a GoPhone with bonus $50 airtime, the SIM will be locked to that specific phone for the first 6months.
They have started doing this for the phones that include free "starter" airtime.
Otherwise, you're good to swap SIMs immediately

Old 01-19-2010, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 16,098 times
I have a go phone sim that i have had for at least six months. I am getting a blackberry curve and i was wondering if i will be able to use my sim in the phone. Does anyone know?

Old 02-04-2010, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 15,890 times
question: can you do it the other way around? that is, take a sim card from an existing account and place it into a go phone in order to use a simpler phone sometimes?

Old 02-26-2010, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 15,432 times
Ok, I have a gophone it is already activated, I wanted to give it to my sister but she wants a different phone because the one I have is really crappy can I switch it over??

Old 05-03-2010, 01:38 AM

2 posts, read 22,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi C. View Post
i have tried using a At&t go phone sims card in another At&t phone but it didnt work. do you know what i should do?

the sim card is locked to the phone it works in..(your go phone)...if you have a go phone sim card you have to wait till your card is unlocked 190days.....you cant get it unlocked until then.... i have at"&t and that's what they told me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones