U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 07:26 PM

30 posts, read 341,541 times

Advertisements

Been with Cricket for just over a year. Been using their Broadband for internet during last 3 months & get a slight discount on that price.

When started their service, they sold me this Kyocera 132 phone, it's small & blue & had problems with picture screen since after the first month. Now, for the past week, the battery OR the phone only work for a few minutes of talk time (after being charged ALL night!). I heard that you can't replace the battery with any one, have to buy Kyocera only? and that's more expensive?

Don't even know if it's the battery or the phone. Thinking of replacing phone, thinking of switching to another carrier besides Cricket. Don't want a credit check, don't want any contracts, need unlimited or lotsa minutes since this is my only phone. However, only need very basic phone service, don't care about camera, video, games or even texting!

Asking for opinions: Which carrier to switch to? (want one with reliable customer service)
What inexpensive, reliable phone to buy?

Thanks in advance for your responses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 12:15 AM

712 posts, read 1,971,933 times
Boost Mobile I believe is a sprint service re-sold.. It's offering $50 unlimited minutes nationwide I believe.. I'm sure there's a way to tether it to a computer and I'm sure it has data on it.. but you'd have to double check that for sure.. I recommend reading howardforums.com the best place I know off to learn about cell phones from users.. I have no clue about Boost Mobile's customer service.. it may be sprint's if it is.. many have issues with it.. as a sprint customer however I must say I don't.. (yah, there annoying but I've never had *real* problems with them)

Here the website.. says what you want.. no contracts, yada, yada..
Prepaid Cell Phones and Phone Plans from Boost Mobile – "Where You At?"®

Don't have a clue about the phone.. my understanding is that boost has limited phones.. you maybe able to bring over another carriers phone though (on some networks you can get away with that).. I highly suggest you read howardforums.com they know 900% more then I do about all phones and all carriers.. and I know a lot but it's about sprint and some about verizon networks I've used..

Old 03-17-2009, 07:15 AM

34,596 posts, read 60,229,510 times
2nd the note on howardforums.com

Themaster mentioned them in my earlier thread seeking information, and there is a HUGE knowledge base and cell phone community there.
Kept me up too late last night reading.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:20 PM

652 posts, read 1,608,202 times
If batteries are not run all the way out before recharging they learn to charge for shorter times. This cannot be fixed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones