U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 03:25 PM

8 posts, read 14,360 times

Advertisements

Anybody neem able to download this yet? I keep getting the message " Unable to download cause the servers are temporarily unavailable." I just figured it was due to the large amount of people Downloading this new update but has been going on for a few hours now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 03:26 PM

733 posts, read 1,821,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylerjade View Post
Anybody neem able to download this yet? I keep getting the message " Unable to download cause the servers are temporarily unavailable." I just figured it was due to the large amount of people Downloading this new update but has been going on for a few hours now.
yup. Got it this morning.....

Let me add: Did you go thru your iTunes and hit "update" to get it to download.....?

Old 06-17-2009, 03:33 PM

8 posts, read 14,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
yup. Got it this morning.....

Let me add: Did you go thru your iTunes and hit "update" to get it to download.....?
Yeah thats what I did.. Is that not the right course of action? Also I had to download the new 8.2 version of Itunes as well as I had not yet done so. I did so then restarted my computer and went to MY IPHONE on my ituned and it says a new version is ready to update. So I clicked update and thats what happened.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylerjade View Post
Yeah thats what I did.. Is that not the right course of action? Also I had to download the new 8.2 version of Itunes as well as I had not yet done so. I did so then restarted my computer and went to MY IPHONE on my ituned and it says a new version is ready to update. So I clicked update and thats what happened.
yeah, if you go to your iTunes, plug in your phone, click on your phone, then under info hit update it should walk you thru it....

Sounds like you did the right thing, might be that there are a lot of other people downloading it and it could be bogged down....I got it to download this morning around 10:30 am PST.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:42 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,117,704 times
I had the same problem. Just keep trying.

I didn't notice much except for the cut and paste, universal search, and voice recorder, personally.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:48 PM

1,095 posts, read 3,786,571 times
Landscape mode in email, notes and messaging is pretty cool.

Some enhanced features for podcasts (rewind 30 seconds, speed up or slow down speech), which I listen to a lot.

Much better photo management - you can delete or email multiple pictures at a time.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
I had the same problem. Just keep trying.

I didn't notice much except for the cut and paste, universal search, and voice recorder, personally.
it's more of a refinement than it is a larger number of obvious changes. I think though, it will make a difference in the end....

Old 06-18-2009, 08:15 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,921,416 times
the changes were little, but once you find them they are awsome. I only have an Ipod Touch, but even the shorter list of changes made the update worthwhile. I can now use my Ipod Touch through blue tooth to listen to in my Ford Escape with the sync system.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
the changes were little, but once you find them they are awsome. I only have an Ipod Touch, but even the shorter list of changes made the update worthwhile. I can now use my Ipod Touch through blue tooth to listen to in my Ford Escape with the sync system.
yeah, I have an iTouch too, and did the update already. I am waiting for my phone. Got confirmation that it is in the store but they won't let me pick it up till tomorrow....lol

Course I have surgery tomorrow morning, so my hubby will have to get it for me in the afternoon.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones