Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 11:04 PM

122 posts, read 171,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoron12345 View Post
Well
I'm going to script
Php
Tek_Freek
You see what you gave me
2 links you gave me
Please give me directions
I downloaded the GPSTrackerPhp2.0 although I did not go through all the code.

Man, you need a website (MYSQL+PHP) to upload the files under "website" to receive the location data and display it on Google Maps. In the meantime you need to run the compiled JAVA code on the phone you wish to track.

It seems the whole thing is intended to build a GPS tracking project online which requires a lot of work, and still you could NOT track any phone you want unless you install the code into it.

I advise you to try InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking (I suppose mod will not remove this link, again?), simply register and download the app to your phone and that's all.

Anyway, you can choose whatever you wish, good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 08:39 AM

24 posts, read 42,577 times
Give me a link for download of website (MYSQL+PHP)
AND compiled JAVA code on the phone you wish to track

Old 07-16-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
You can not download a website (MYSQL+PHP) until you download and install Apache, MYSQL,PHP on your PC and configure them. Meanwhile, you need to buy a domain name and point it to your local IP. If you know nothing about these, it may take you a few days as it's not easy for beginners.

Or you need to purchase a hosting account and space from companies like hostgator etc, in this case you do not need to install sth like APACHE, MYSQL, PHP.

Then you are ready to upload the files to your root directory and test your GPS TRACKER.

As for the JAVA CODE, you already have the link.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:41 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,682,582 times
Quote:
I gave you two examples. Open Google. Do your own research. I'm not here to do your work for you unless you are ready to sign a contract. I charge $100 an hour.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I gave you two examples. Open Google. Do your own research. I'm not here to do your work for you unless you are ready to sign a contract. I charge $100 an hour.
Well said, he need to do some research himself.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:38 AM

I did not understand anything
Be more specific and describe me the steps 1,2,3
What
Link you gave me JAVA
What is the
(MYSQL+PHP)
???

Old 07-18-2011, 09:37 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,921,638 times
Quote:
Be more specific and describe me the steps 1,2,3 What Link you gave me JAVA What is the (MYSQL+PHP) ???
You will need to set up a webserver (such as Apache) running a standard suite of server-side applications (including PHP and probably MySQL). The easiest way to do this is to find a web hosting company and pay them to do it for you. Shared web hosting runs $5 - $10 / month, give or take. There are many, many quality web hosting companies out there -- do a Google search for "web hosting". Then, you will need to compile and install the Java applet on the phone you want to track (assuming the phone allows you to do so and supports Java applets). Among other things, this means that you WILL NOT be able to track the person without their knowledge, since they will need to install and run the app for you.

At this point, your question really has less to do with cell phones and more to do with web hosting. You might find more help under the "Internet" or "Computers" subforums.

Quote:
I did not understand anything
No offense, but this project is FAR beyond your skill level. You will need to do a lot of research on your own, as administering a web server is not something you can "download".

Or we're all being trolled. Either way is good.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:21 AM

Maybe you did not understand
I want to find people through my computer's Web browser in their phone number or alternatively, a program that I lists the number of the person's cell phone and he finds the ID
Or the frequency or whatever

Old 07-18-2011, 11:42 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,921,638 times
Quote:
Maybe you did not understand
I want to find people through my computer's Web browser in their phone number or alternatively, a program that I lists the number of the person's cell phone and he finds the ID
Or the frequency or whatever
I do understand, and you've been given several suggestions in this thread:

1) Contact your carrier. They all sell services like you describe.
2) Ask the person to purchase and install a tracking app on their phone.
3) Set up your own tracking app with a web interface.

Being a consumer, there is no legal way for you to track someone else's cell phone without their knowledge. Law enforcement agencies have special tools that can give them this functionality.

Why not contact your cellular company and see what tracking services they offer?

Old 07-19-2011, 03:06 AM

wlanguide
???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones