Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 06:19 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,095 times

Advertisements

I have the Samsung Moment from Sprint- about a week now. I like it a lot, *accept* the GPS pretty much stinks. I believe it's a software issue. It's running Android 1.5- I assume it will get an update at sometime. I will give it a couple more weeks.

I actually had gone in to see if I could get the HTC Touch Pro 2, but sorta sick of giving HTC a chance (I had a mogul before that, which I liked accept it was just slow). But I will admit the gps/google maps on the HTC rocked- never had issues with it.

Other issue with the Moment is that it doesn't have any real pc sync software. There is something you can download from samsung but havent gotten it to work (only played with it for a little).

If Samsung/sprint can fix the gps, provide an upgrade path to Andriod 2.0 (actually I dont care to much as I am not sure what I am really missing with driod 2.0), and provide a decent way to sync files from a PC, this would be a killer phone.

I totally forgot what it was like to dial at the speed my fingers move (HTC was horrible at this).

If I am really annoyed with lack of GPS I may give the HTC Hero (yeah even though I can't stand HTC, might try it) a shot. Also based on Andriod 1.5 but no keyboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 01:53 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,095 times
Oh well I couldn't take the quirks with the gps and the battery anymore. Traded it in for an HTC Hero, GPS works flasslessly. Slower, but I can live with that. I didn't realize how much I rely on my gps and the moment just failed. Possibly there will be a software update but I can't wait for that.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:25 PM

1,289 posts, read 722,620 times
Anyone else care to weigh in? I'm kinda planin on gettin the Moment and would like to hear as much as possible from those who actually have it. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,973 times
Default Samsung Moment

On my 4th Moment since December 2009. The first two were fresh out of the box. The third was "refurbished". The transmitter was bad in all of them. Had them test the 4th phone before I would accept it. Heard Samsung is aware of the problem and is working on it but it will probably take 6 months to fix. Have had the 4th for two days now and seems to be working fine. Love the phone wish it didn't have issues.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:16 PM

1,289 posts, read 722,620 times
Wow. Just got mine a few days ago and am in love with it so far. I'll keep ya posted on if something gets funky, besides the batter monitor, of course.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:08 PM

699 posts, read 2,894,705 times
We purchased the Moment from Radio Shack. We love our phones.

I thought I saw insurance offered for $50 per year per phone on Radio Shack website but now I can't find it. Anyway, is the insurance through Sprint at $7 per month worth the cost? I can't imagine what it might cost to replace if lost, stolen, or in need of repair. Anyone comment on extended warranty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones