Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2009, 11:42 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,386,737 times

Advertisements

I've currently got Cricket service and a Kyocera Lingo phone. I like it. I'm a basic cell phone user. Unfortunately, though Cricket is excellent in Nashville where I work, once I leave the area I lose my signal. I've upped my plan to the roaming, but close to home I don't even get roaming service. Needless to say, not too thrilled. I also do a lot of traveling for transports and for my rescue work. I need a nationwide phone.

So now AT&T has this unlimited $60/month plan, no contract. I'm all for no contracts. I had another bare bones, base model Go Phone several years ago, so I know I get service at home. And for $60 a month unlimited, I can't really beat that.

I will lose internet access I think by switching companies, but I don't think it's a big deal. I never learned how to use it on the Cricket phone anyway. Again - I'm a basic user. I need to take calls in the office or commuting. I text alot, as I have teens and twenty something kids. That seems to be their preferred method of communication.

I've looked at some reviews of the phone and it seems like you either like it or hate it, no in between. So how do I know if it's a good phone for me? Other than talk / text, I take pictures, use the alarm clock a lot and love the idea of a scheduler / planner which it has. The reviews seem to think if you're an advanced user you'll hate it, but if you just need a phone to text you're fine.

So, that sounds like me, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones