U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 09:42 AM

454 posts, read 1,263,626 times

Advertisements

i've been with sprint for 9 years now.
my current 'grandfather' plan: 1000 anytime, 500 text, night and weekend at 7, free mobile to mobile, free 3 any number calling. 39.99 - 20% company discount = about $36 bucks monthly (never go over my minutes) my contract has been up for a few months and i have the crappy Upstage phone.

my sister and her bf have the data plan for 129. me and my fiance added ourselves to their plan for 20 bucks more each and both got the HTC HERO for 129 each after all the haggling and discounts i got out of them. our bill (for 4 people after 20% company discount) will be 155 so i'll be paying about $38.50 a month but will have data, unlimited internet, unlimited incoming/outgoing mobile calls, unlimited text.

i'm having second thoughts though about the phone.......is HERO the best one to get?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 07:43 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,981,020 times
i just got one...trying to figure out how to work it!!!

Old 02-21-2010, 01:11 PM

4,608 posts, read 7,387,171 times
I have the HTC Eris which I believe is the Verizon version of the Hero.

Quote:
In many respects, the HTC DROID ERIS is a close cousin to the HTC Hero on Sprint, as both have similar hardware specifications, including a 3.2” capacitive touchscreen and 5MP autofocus camera. In a world of smartphones, and as competition grows, it all comes down to personal choice and price.
It really is personal choice. What do you need, what do you want. The phone is awesome. Once you get used to it, it becomes simple to use. Read the review linked. Unless you were looking for some kind of iPhone status you've probly made the right choice.

Here's a link to a Hero review (http://www.htc.com/us/products/hero-sprint#reviews - broken link), at the bottom of the page is links to product support.
Quote:
Overall, I found the HTC Hero to be the best Android phone I've tested, and a worthy competitor to the iPhone, the BlackBerry and the Pre.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:52 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,981,020 times
got mine sunday, it rocks. i know i'm only using about 1% of it's capabilities, but it's doing everything i need it to for the time being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones