U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2010, 05:49 AM

454 posts, read 1,264,285 times

Advertisements

I recently got the new hero by HTC for sprint.
it's a nice looking phone.

so, last night, around 11, i finished charging the phone up....full.
i put it on standby, and got ready for sleep.....i went to bed around 11:45 and the battery was a little bit used up! i didn't think much of it.

i woke up at 5am to go to work, and i see that it's blinking that it needs to be charged immediately!!! What the hell?

oh, and i had bluetooth, mobile network, wifi, all applications, mail, internet browser DISABLED!!!!!!!!

Anyone have any idea what's going on? bad battery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 06:46 AM

454 posts, read 1,264,285 times
Here's an answer i found to my question: Workaround for HTC Hero battery life issues discovered - VRForums - IT Show 2010 | The Most Happening IT & Singapore Lifestyle Community

Old 01-14-2010, 10:04 AM

2,178 posts, read 8,630,768 times
This happened with my iPhone too.. It did fine for about the first 7 weeks I had it then for a few days, the battery would drain in 4 hours time although I was using it less. As suddenly as it started, it stopped until several weeks later, I used it to take a picture, put it down, picked it up a minute later and it was completely dead. Had to call support to get it to working again.. They said it froze up like your computer does and it had to be rebooted. The battery was so drained that it took it about 10 minutes to even bring up the apple screen.. then we rebooted and it has worked fine so far.

The day that happened, I had something like 57% battery left one minute, the next minute it was completely dead...

Old 01-15-2010, 06:50 PM

654 posts, read 1,155,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
This happened with my iPhone too.. It did fine for about the first 7 weeks I had it then for a few days, the battery would drain in 4 hours time although I was using it less. As suddenly as it started, it stopped until several weeks later, I used it to take a picture, put it down, picked it up a minute later and it was completely dead. Had to call support to get it to working again.. They said it froze up like your computer does and it had to be rebooted. The battery was so drained that it took it about 10 minutes to even bring up the apple screen.. then we rebooted and it has worked fine so far.

The day that happened, I had something like 57% battery left one minute, the next minute it was completely dead...
That happens to my iPod touch sometimes, but not as extreme as 57% to 0% in a matter of a minute. I reboot it every couple of days.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,273 times
This happend to my htc hero and when I charge it over night for 7hours it only lasts for 3hours and 30min.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:40 AM

2,182 posts, read 4,728,006 times
By the way, for any android device, I cannot recommend the app Juice Defender enough. If you don't mind not having instant emails/push notifications, this app is excellent. It basically turns off all data and opens it for 3 minutes every 15 minutes so you can receive new mails or notifications. Texts and phone calls are still instant.

This app has easily tripled my Atrix's battery life. I'm able to get a sold 36-40 hours out of it without a charge now.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:59 PM

34,511 posts, read 60,112,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
By the way, for any android device, I cannot recommend the app Juice Defender enough. If you don't mind not having instant emails/push notifications, this app is excellent. It basically turns off all data and opens it for 3 minutes every 15 minutes so you can receive new mails or notifications. Texts and phone calls are still instant.

This app has easily tripled my Atrix's battery life. I'm able to get a sold 36-40 hours out of it without a charge now.
I had it and saw about a 10% improvement.
Not enough to give up push email.

Deleted.
I am doing better with my EVO by just turning WIFI and 4G off when not using them.

Still, when people talk about improved battery life with the EVO 3D, they get my attention. I have too many chargers to keep after.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:16 AM

905 posts, read 2,169,774 times
Oh the humanity! Stop raising the dead!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones