Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 05:21 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,240,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiff View Post
And really, southgeorgia, your p.o.v. is absolutely ridiculous. Your advice is to already be wealthy enough to be able to afford a premium health insurance?
i don't believe i said anything about health insurance.

have you even priced disability insurance? as it is based on your own income, it is affordable at any level. however, some people would rather have a cable TV bill or a cell phone data plan than take care of their future.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:54 PM

2 posts, read 25,237 times
Default For all the judgemental people out there

Hello to all rude people out there!

I find it very offensive for anyone to call low income or disabled people "them." Especially now when so many people are homeless because of loss of jobs or foreclosure. Low income people are not a 'them'. Sure, some people take advantage of the system, but do no assume everyone does. I DO have a tracfone. the safelink is for backup and stays on my wheelchair. I worry that the first phone may fail as we know all cell's do. if my wheelchair will not run, I need to be able to contact someone fast, because I absolutely cannot push it. I have tipped my wheel chair over on ice and snow and have gotten severe pain trying to lift it myself. it doesn't take much of a bump to do it, either. I could go on and on with problems sick people encounter.

I worked for 20 years before I finally gave up and had to go on disability. such offensive comments should not allowed to be posted. anyone that has posted such a comment should be forced to apologize. my safelink phone cost only $30 and now that it is paid, my payment plan is only $10 a month. Tracfone phones have very few features, that is why they are inexpensive.

How would the judgemental people like to be stuck out in the snow or heat or anywhere only to find the safelink phone ran out of charge or is not operating for whatever reason? First, I would like to know if these postings are monitored, however obviously they are not. When a person uses a term like "those people" it is automatically classified as an ignorant and discriminative remark. try saying that on tv and see what happens then. there are exceptions to "freedom of speech."

all I can say to those that have this opinion is I hope you are real confident that you will not have any misfortunes in the future, which is the only nice way I can say it. don't hate, think before you write.

I hope everyone has the best of luck and improvement in their lives in 2011.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper99 View Post
. . . such offensive comments should not allowed to be posted. anyone that has posted such a comment should be forced to apologize.

. . . First, I would like to know if these postings are monitored, however obviously they are not. . . .

. . . . there are exceptions to "freedom of speech."
this isn't china.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper99 View Post
all I can say to those that have this opinion is I hope you are real confident that you will not have any misfortunes in the future, which is the only nice way I can say it. don't hate, think before you write.
yeh I hope so too, but if something does happen, i'm covered.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 12,592 times
My free cell phone from safelink is great and I don't want to change it, the free phone is starting to mess up and not charge right. I need a new phone so I can continue to get my free minutes so my sons school can contact me in case of an emergency. I have a old tracphone and could use that if it is possible to switch the sim cards. So is that possible or will safelink send me a new phone when the first one dies.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:10 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie Nichols View Post
My free cell phone from safelink is great and I don't want to change it, the free phone is starting to mess up and not charge right. I need a new phone so I can continue to get my free minutes so my sons school can contact me in case of an emergency. I have a old tracphone and could use that if it is possible to switch the sim cards. So is that possible or will safelink send me a new phone when the first one dies.
Why don't you call them and ask?

Old 02-08-2011, 05:17 PM

2 posts, read 25,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Been going on for a while, and you see what happens, people don't like the free phones that are given to them so they want to go out and buy a better one but continue to get the free minutes. People are never satisfies with a handout, once they have it they look for ways to increase or better it.
These so-called 'free' customers purchase phone cards after they get the 'free' phone also. They get a very limited number of minutes for emergency's and most often purchase more time. The company knew a good then when they saw it. Also when they buy a better phone that uses the sim card also makes the company money. Many people do not have home phones, young teens at home after school while mom and dad are at work and 'still not making enough money to live on', need a phone for emergency's and they also qualify ! My 9 year old grandaughter carry's one to and from school while her Dad is 'working' yes, 'working', single father with 4 children not making enough to survive due to the economy. She qualify's for a free phone and I, yes, grandma, PURCHASES extra minutes from the company for her to have telephone access when needed. You are and probably never have been in 'need'. Be thankful, and go back to McDonalds and 'pay' for the extra item they accidentally give you, don't take ink pens from work, and never, I mean, never, ask others for 'help', for you...it would be SHAMEFUL. And 'Think' before you post.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:26 PM

2 posts, read 25,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug1991 View Post
Can I replace my Safelink Phone (Free Government Cell Phone) with a Tracphone, and just put in the sim card?
Yes, you can. You can purchase 'any' track phone, call the Tech support, 1-800-378-1684, give them the new IME number on the new phone so they can transfer the 'SafeLink' account to the new phone. You can purchase your mother extra minutes by phone, online, or at Wal-Mart or anywhere they sell the phone cards. You can get a pretty good flip phone for about $29.00 on sale at different places.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:30 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Your opinion only, so don't whine about others having a different opinion. Poor people existed long before cell phones and people got along just fine without them, they are not a necessity.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balanced_thinking View Post
. . . .You are and probably never have been in 'need'. Be thankful, and go back to McDonalds and 'pay' for the extra item they accidentally give you, don't take ink pens from work, and never, I mean, never, ask others for 'help', for you...it would be SHAMEFUL. And 'Think' before you post.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:08 AM

2 posts, read 25,237 times
FYI- I'm not arguing with you all and will not be responding. I don't have the time or energy and frankly I just don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones