Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 08:48 PM

2 posts, read 8,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post

Dude your a loser and why do you keep saying you got disability insurance?? Are you that stupid to think your disability insurance is gonna pay you for life if you become totally disabled or that is gonna pay you anything compared to what you make. I hope you have a stroke they give you $300 a month and you become homeless and cant call your doctors and have to try to bum somebody's phone. I would let you die. And were did you go to college university of phoenix? and everybody knows college is a scam. SO lie some more. you prolly work at mcdonalds and make 120 a week

Old 08-21-2011, 04:52 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,237,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydaddy View Post
Dude your a loser and why do you keep saying you got disability insurance?? Are you that stupid to think your disability insurance is gonna pay you for life if you become totally disabled or that is gonna pay you anything compared to what you make.
If you pay a high enough premium, you can collect for the rest of your life. The amount is a set % of what you earn, and is based on what policy you get. Its all spelled out in the policy, so I know exactly what I'll get and for how long.

Quote:

I hope you have a stroke they give you $300 a month and you become homeless and cant call your doctors and have to try to bum somebody's phone.
I'd hate to have a stroke, but if I do, everything will be taken care of.

Quote:
I would let you die.
That's because your a shaft-sucking transgender working at mcdonalds.

Quote:
And were did you go to college university of phoenix? and everybody knows college is a scam. SO lie some more. you prolly work at mcdonalds and make 120 a week
lmao. good luck.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,461 times
Default HOT Airrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote:
if you can afford to buy our own cell phone, you can afford to purchase your own minutes at full cost too, instead of having us subsidize your "want"; a cell phone is certainly not a "need".
Try being constructive. Find the faults and the pros then inform people of the FACTS....this sounds alot like Fox network tabloiding. Your time would be better spent washing the beer stains out of the sheets. robe60

Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,012,837 times
You can get Page Plus pre-paid cell phone service for under $40 a year. Calls cost 5-10 cents a minute and you just need to be sure to refill the account with at least $10 once every 4 months to "roll over" the unused balance. It runs on the Verizon network which is the best in the country. That's cheap enough that that a government subsidy seems completely unnecessary even for very poor people.

Source:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...lus-FAQ)-(WIKI)

Last edited by Dunbar42; 09-06-2011 at 02:56 PM..

Old 09-06-2011, 04:03 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
There are plenty of programs for people who need a true 'emergency' phone. They take donated cell phones and hand them out to those that need them; they make 911 calls, as any cell phone will do with or without a service plan. That would be an actual emergency use.
So are these people supposed to call 911 if their RX is due to be refilled and delivered, or need to speak to a Dr at 3am due to illness? What about calling 911 to make sure their ride is on the way to pick them up from the Dr if they are going to be late?

This is an infinitesimal amount of tax money to spend on people compared to pork, or other programs that our Gov deems worthy. Especially considering that from what I know of it; the majority of the people that qualify are former taxpayers who are either elderly, or disabled.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:09 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug1991 View Post
Can I replace my Safelink Phone (Free Government Cell Phone) with a Tracphone, and just put in the sim card?
No you cannot. Tracphones have proprietary software installed in them. It won't work.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-11-2011, 05:15 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,810,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug1991 View Post
Can I replace my Safelink Phone (Free Government Cell Phone) with a Tracphone, and just put in the sim card?
You can afford a phone? Why are you getting the free one?

Old 09-12-2011, 08:48 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,921,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
You can afford a phone? Why are you getting the free one?
Maybe someone gave one to him for free.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:36 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownHarrisburg View Post
Maybe someone gave one to him for free.
lol

Old 11-08-2011, 10:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,250 times
this whole post is sad ppl who have money think they are better then the ones who don't i got this phone for my 9 year old dd guess that a sin i must be going to hell now just because i want to know if she is safe at home when i'm at work or walking home from school some of u really need to open your eyes and see that some ppl are in need of what they get from the state and not be so harsh just saying get a life and if u don't like how things are going down do something about it oh u can't so shut your dam mouths
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones