Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 02:12 PM

137 posts, read 702,671 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me how Android and BB phones compare to the iphone? I know the iphone has tons of apps, but what about the other two ? Also, how does internet use compare between each? I basically want to know which is more comparable to the iphone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 02:52 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,520,526 times
You will get better information on a cell phone specific forum. But here is my $.02
We are looking to switch to Sprint when one of our old Altel phones dies. You have to decide if you really need internet access and if you really want all your life data on an easy to lose, fragile piece of electronics.
The devices have multiple functions:
Phone
Text
Surf
Pictures
Video
Music
GPS
Life management

Pick what you must have and get whatever does the most important ones best.
Personally, I like the open software concept of the android and similar hardware.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:51 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,229,314 times
You can do some real time research at Howard Forums and ask questions and get answers.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:32 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvp View Post
Can anyone tell me how Android and BB phones compare to the iphone? I know the iphone has tons of apps, but what about the other two ? Also, how does internet use compare between each? I basically want to know which is more comparable to the iphone.
The Iphone is THE phone! Everything else is just a "wannabe IPhone" made by companies who refuse to accept that AT&T kicked the living hell out of them by getting the IPhone exclusive.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:33 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
You will get better information on a cell phone specific forum. But here is my $.02
We are looking to switch to Sprint when one of our old Altel phones dies. You have to decide if you really need internet access and if you really want all your life data on an easy to lose, fragile piece of electronics.
The devices have multiple functions:
Phone
Text
Surf
Pictures
Video
Music
GPS
Life management

Pick what you must have and get whatever does the most important ones best.
Personally, I like the open software concept of the android and similar hardware.
So you wanna surf on Sprint?? Ha Ha Ha! Good luck on that one!

Old 03-10-2010, 03:23 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,520,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
You need to be more specific. Shirley you aren't saying there is no web browser service from Sprint? Do you just judge it to be slow, or what?
Welcome to the Now Network.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:33 PM

1,095 posts, read 3,996,986 times
I've been using a Droid for work the last few days and so far I hate it. It's not close to the ease of use of the iPhone, it's bulky and heavy, the slide out keyboard sucks, the onscreen keyboard is harder to use, and its default mail program is nowhere near as easy to use as mail on the iPhone.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:57 PM

6,589 posts, read 11,279,081 times
Can't offer anything on the Android since I've never used it. But BB vs. iphone will depend on what you need it for. iPhone is pretty much the best phone out there for consumers - assuming your AT&T coverage is good.

Blackberry's started in the business world - and I would say that its still the best business solution out there with its Enterprise server capabilities (security wise, iPhone's got some issues). But many of those capabilities are realized by the business/IT dept, not the users.

Thus - personal use, iPhone. Business use, most will still prefer the Blackberry.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:43 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,378,752 times
Quote:
I've been surfing on Sprint for 4 years and rarely have a problem.

I've heard the most complaints about AT&T lately. The data that the iPhone users use has crippled their network in major cities like NY and DC.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:14 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,139,412 times
Quote:
Sprint has better coverage than AT&T by far in the US,so i'm not sure what you're talking about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones