Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 09:41 AM

34 posts, read 113,030 times

Advertisements

I presently have the LG EnV Touch. While I love the phone, I've reached the end of my patience with the bugs and issues. I'm on my 4th phone in 10 months, and i'm still having problems. With that said, Verizon has finally said that I can pick a new phone. Apparently, they're tired of dealing with the issues!

I've checked out the phones and am interested in the Samsung Rogue. The reviews i've read online show a combination of people living the phone, as well as phones with issues. I really don't want another phone that has unresolvable issues again.

Does anyone have that phone? What has been your experience? If you are having problems, what are your issues? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 09:44 AM

I'll also take any suggestions for other Verizon phones! The people in the verizon stores are so pushy, I prefere to have decisions made before I get there. I don't need a $30 data plan. I'd like internet access, though I don't use it often. My primary use of my phone is for calls and text messaging.

Thanks again!

Old 05-10-2010, 10:58 AM

8,168 posts, read 8,520,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat33 View Post
I'll also take any suggestions for other Verizon phones! The people in the verizon stores are so pushy, I prefere to have decisions made before I get there. I don't need a $30 data plan. I'd like internet access, though I don't use it often. My primary use of my phone is for calls and text messaging.

Thanks again!
I'd be surprised if you did not have to take the data plan with verizon.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:48 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,786 times
I dont have Verizon, but have a family member and a few friends with it. From what they have told me they are or already have a Droid by Motorola. I'm partial to Motorola over Samsung anyway. I HATE my Samsung but AT&T is not willing to deal with it without charging me more money. I've had it 3 months and its been nothing but problems.
Also get the data plan. That way you dont have to pay out the wazoo for overages with the internet.

ETA: One of my biggest problems I have with the Samsung is they have the mute button on the touch screen and if your talking and not careful, you can accidently hit the mute with your cheek. It really stinks.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:47 AM

I didn't know about the mute button. I've loved both samsung and motorola phones that i have had in the past, and never had any issues with them. I would love a Droid, but can't justify an extra $30 a month for features i won't really use.

I hate the way verizon is set up with their mandatory data plans. I've had the env touch for almost 1 year, and never had excessive data charges that i wasn't expecting. Now they are forcing a data plan with that phone too. I think their claims that the purpose of the mandatory data plan is to "protect" the customer from high data charges is laughable....but, i digress from the purpose of my op.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:14 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,786 times
AT&T forces the mandatory data plans too. The way they discribed it to me is that its just for my protection so I dont end up getting outrageous bills. I wish it was an option for us to have the nicer phones with out that requirement. It really boils down to the responsibility of the customer. After all we know what we use the phone the most for.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:49 AM

I completely agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones