U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 11:24 AM

34 posts, read 101,852 times

Advertisements

have the Samsung Reality. The phone allows me to download both Remosync and Mobile Email. I initially downloaded Remosync to access my corporate email (Outlook 2007). It froze up several times while attempting to sync, I contacted tech support at verizon. I was told that I could instead use mobile email to access my corporate Outlook account. However, after 30 minutes on the phone, we were unable to gather all of the necessary information to set up the account. I'm not the most tech competent person out there, and verizon was unable to provide me any further info than to just repeat what was being asked for. In the end, I got no where and still cannot access my email on my phone.

I have several questions, the first of which is what is the difference between mobile email and remosync for corporate outlook email? Is one better than the other?

Second, is there anyone that can give me step by step instructions on how to set this up and how to find the info that I need? We do not have an IT person in my office, so I do not have anyone to go to who has this info. Any help is appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 08:38 AM

12,038 posts, read 14,162,810 times
I deal with this all the time. I support the phones at my office.
Can you tell me what questions the "Mobile Email" setup is asking you for?
If that is what I think it is. that is the option you want for Outlook mail.

Do you have Outlook Web Access?

Old 06-07-2010, 09:11 AM

Sorry for the delay, I've been away for a few days. I do have Outlook web access. It is asking for:

1. Username - is this the beginning of email, or the longer name that appears when I sign into outlook web access

2. Incoming mail server
3. Incoming port
4. Outgoing mail server
5. Outgoing port
6. SSL, TLS, or none

I have the ip address, the address for accessing outlook through the internet, and the server that is listed when I go into tools in outlook. I can't find any indication that there is a difference between incoming or outgoing server.

What is a port? The app automatically inserts numbers into the slot when I enter anything in the server line.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Old 06-07-2010, 09:54 AM

12,038 posts, read 14,162,810 times
OK, well for an Exchange Email account those are not the right questions it should be asking.
Unless your IT department setup a type of email called "POP".
Your mail server is probably not configured for POP. So that explains why that setup isn't working.
In the email setup on the phone is there an "Exchange" option or a "Corporate" option?

1) Yes. Whatever your login name is on your corporate network.

A port in this regard is what allows email traffic to be delivered to a mail server or sent from a mail server. The numbers are almost always those defaults that keep filling in on you. POP email requires those port numbers. But as I said I doubt you have POP email.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:39 AM

I have gotten the info that I have to work using Verizon's corporate email program. It was a couple hours of trial and error, but it works. Thank you very much for your help - I assumed that mobile email was the way to go.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 5,001 times
Peregrine....I see you were able to help out Kat33 with their Samsung Reality. I am not able to get mine setup to my corporate email. I have used POP as well as tried IMAP. I don't have an "Exchange" or "Corporate" option. What do you recommend?

Old 11-06-2011, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,374 times
The original version of Mobile Web I had on my Samsung Reality did not have Exchange as an option. I deleted the old version, downloaded the newest version from Verizon, and voila, c'est magnifique.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones