Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 12:37 AM

10 posts, read 25,763 times

Advertisements

School info is always a good tool. While my husband and I only have four-legged kids for now, who knows if we may decide to have a two legged once we move. Our main needs are space, at least 2 acres, high ceilings and perhaps a house that we could remodel so its "looks mid century modern" blah blah blah

I really appreciate everyone's comments and links.

@Augusto29556 I checked out Williamsburg county and you're right there are some GREAT deals. What towns should we look in that are within one hour(not including rush) of Charleston?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 12:40 AM

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs757.ash1/164801_483999272047_529542047_5782136_168046_n.jpg (broken link)

The above link is a picture of our kids

Old 12-21-2010, 05:52 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,327,603 times
Now that is a hodge podge mixed family......

Old 12-21-2010, 12:35 PM

255 posts, read 610,291 times
Thank you for sharing your four legged kids. They are very adorable. I have only a rockweiler and just love taking her out on our daily run early in the morning. The towns that are within one hour from Charleston that I think y'all should look at are Andrews and Greeleyville. Those two areas are an hour from Charleston and Myrtle Beach. In my opinion, you will enjoy Andrews more because it proximity to Highway 17 & Highway 52 which will take you to Charleston straight shot. I also believe that you will enjoy living in Andrews because the acrage of land is definately worth the money and the taxes are cheaper "hint, hint" :-). One thing about Andrews is that the town is divided between Williamsburg County and Georgetown County. My house is located within Williamsburg County and I paid less taxes than my neighbors who live on the Georgetown County side. I also would like to add that Andrews is a great town for me because when I have kids in the future I get to have the luxury to choose either Williamsburg or Georgetown County to educate my kids.

About Us This link will bring you to my county's chamber of commerce. It has detailed infromation about each hometown with the execption of Andrews.

Town of Andrews South Carolina Official Website This link will take you into my hometown's website. It will cover everything you need to know about Andrews.

Andrews SC Real Estate & Homes for Sale in Andrews South Carolina: Weichert.com This link will take you to some houses in Andrews that you probably would look into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtoSCfromSanfran View Post
School info is always a good tool. While my husband and I only have four-legged kids for now, who knows if we may decide to have a two legged once we move. Our main needs are space, at least 2 acres, high ceilings and perhaps a house that we could remodel so its "looks mid century modern" blah blah blah

I really appreciate everyone's comments and links.

@Augusto29556 I checked out Williamsburg county and you're right there are some GREAT deals. What towns should we look in that are within one hour(not including rush) of Charleston?

Old 12-21-2010, 06:58 PM

93 posts, read 215,332 times
St. George is a nice town of just over 2,000. My friends who live there say a nice house goes for about 125-150K. One of them teaches elementary school in town and the other is a psychotherapist in Mount Pleasant (1 hr drive). It's 18 miles from Summerville where they do most of their shopping.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:01 PM

93 posts, read 215,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtoSCfromSanfran View Post
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs757.ash1/164801_483999272047_529542047_5782136_168046_n.jpg (broken link)

The above link is a picture of our kids
Very nice. And you cook for them, right?

Old 12-21-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2chux View Post
Very nice. And you cook for them, right?
Actually I don't cook for them that much They eat dry food and then maybe some chicken broth mixed in or whatever we have that's leftover.

Glad you guys like the picture!

Old 01-19-2011, 12:30 PM

3 posts, read 20,800 times
Default Georgetown, South Carolina property for sale

If you are interested, I have a friend that is selling two seperate properties; one is located in Georgetown, SC...approx. 45 minutes from Charleston and 45 minutes from Myrtle Beach, SC. It is 11.0 acres with county water and sewer...$95,000.00 (price is negotiable). The other is located right out of Andrews, SC...still 55 miles from Charleston and Myrtle Beach. It is 22.20 acres of cleared land...$188,700.00. Both would be great to build on and have horses and privacy; yet not to far from Charleston. If you are interested email at mckenziebackhoeservice@hotmail.com and I will give you a phone number to contact them at for more information. I have attached a copy of the plats for both properties. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
What is a good rural area to buy a house in for less than 200k??????-mckenzie-11.0-acres-powell-rd_crop.jpg   What is a good rural area to buy a house in for less than 200k??????-mckenzie-22.2-acres-andrews.jpg  

Old 01-20-2011, 05:43 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,763,641 times
To the OP: As previously suggested, you can get a decent-sized piece of land and nice home for under $200,000 in the St. George/Holly Hill/Eutawville/Harleyville/Santee area. My brother moved his family from a nice gated community in Charleston to a home on several acres (not sure how many) in Holly Hill and they LOVE it. He wanted to get away from traffic and suburbia in general and teach the kids about small town life the way we grew up. They have a pond for fishing, 2 horses, adopted some dogs and cats from the pound, and put in a large garden that the kids help with, joined the church in town, and the kids go to Holly Hill Academy. Though the kids didn't want to move at first, they now love it up there! The house is the same size as the one they moved from yet they have all that land and a wonderful quality of life for about $300,000 LESS than their previous home. They go into Summerville to do any major shopping, (Columbia or Charleston for clothes) but have grocery stores in town for small stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area