Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:59 AM

19 posts, read 55,574 times

Advertisements

Hi -
My family is looking to meet at Folly Beach this year. We only need a 3bdr but the choices are overwhelming. Also, there seems to be a minimum stay of 7 nights, which is more time than we can spend. We're still young and only have 10 days of vacation with small kids! Plus we will have a day travel time to and from the beach.

Any suggestions on the best places? Any idea if there are houses that rent for less than 7 days in June?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 12:25 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,327,603 times
I think some of the rentals on Edisto Island had four and three day rentals....

Or you could rent for 7 and only use it for how ever long you want to stay....

Old 01-27-2011, 02:36 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,018,331 times
I don't know where you're looking, but I think 7 day stays are the norm for Folly/IOP areas. Check VRBO.com though, just to be sure.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:15 AM

662 posts, read 1,411,017 times
Fred Holland Realty handles a lot of real estate on Folly

Old 01-28-2011, 07:48 AM

19 posts, read 55,574 times
Thanks everyone, it appears 7 days is standard on all the Charleston beaches that are listed in vrbo.com or Fred Holland. Thanks for the tipst though!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:50 AM

602 posts, read 1,516,000 times
snowball--during high season (June, July, and August; and some holidays), the norm is 7 day rental.

ResortQuest has been known to rent partial weeks--but this really does mess everyone up--the property owner and the guests arriving/departing on either side of the rental.

If you can visit in late May/really early June or late Aug/early Sept, some owners may be willing to waive the 7 day minimum. Important to note--some rentals have a higher daily rate than a weekly rate. For example, it might be $700 to rent for the week but $125/nt to rent under a week.

DJShymansky offered a great suggestion--rent the full and stay for the days you can (*Warning--you'll want to stay longer than you'd planned )
Arriving and departing on "your" schedule allows you to choose your times. Standard check-ins are 4 PM or later; Check-outs-10 AM. If you rented the entire week but couldn't arrive until Sunday, you'd be able to get into your rental earlier than if you could if you arrived on Saturday. Hope that makes sense.

Any island/beach around the Charleston area is great. There are small differences between each. I always make recommendations based on what a person/family wants to do (or not do).

Old 01-28-2011, 09:51 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,327,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGreatEscape View Post
DJShymansky offered a great suggestion--rent the full and stay for the days you can (*Warning--you'll want to stay longer than you'd planned )
Arriving and departing on "your" schedule allows you to choose your times. Standard check-ins are 4 PM or later; Check-outs-10 AM. If you rented the entire week but couldn't arrive until Sunday, you'd be able to get into your rental earlier than if you could if you arrived on Saturday. Hope that makes sense.
That was my suggestion.......

Old 01-29-2011, 08:14 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lisat View Post
Fred Holland Realty handles a lot of real estate on Folly

Be careful with the rates with this company, in our experience some "not so nice" things were done.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:24 AM

2,527 posts, read 8,018,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
That was my suggestion.......
Yes it was.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:44 AM

206 posts, read 711,791 times
Check out Charleston SC Real Estate - Folly Beach Vacation Rentals We have stayed with them alot of times and I think they have long week end rentals...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area