Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 11:07 AM

477 posts, read 835,184 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are in Mount Pleasant and Charleston this weekend and we are looking for a nice seafood restaurant where the food is good but doesn't cost a fortune.
Is there anything we should check out?

Thanks

Last edited by Toto7SC; 02-17-2011 at 11:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 11:54 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,263,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post
Hi, we are in Mount Pleasant and Charleston this weekend and we are looking for a nice seafood restaurant where the food is good but doesn't cost a fortune.

Thanks
Gilligan's is off of the IOP Connector, they have their free oyster roast on Thursday nights from 5~8 on the Patio, should be a great evening for it tonight....

Old 02-17-2011, 01:19 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,616,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post

Thanks
Gilligans is a SC chain. More OK then outstanding.

The Wreck of the Richard and Charlene...Shem Creek..same side of the creek as Red's but further down toward the harbor. Not very fancy, no bar, paper plates, but great food.

Locklear's, Coleman Blvd near Houston Northcutt intersection,. Bar, fine food, fair but not cheap prices.

RB's..Shem Creek near Red's. A bit touristy but good service, drinks, and food.

Hope this helps

Old 02-17-2011, 07:03 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,410,121 times
I like the Wreck. It's a weird place, but great food. Hard to find google it and map it!
Gilligans is a good place (very kid friendly) in Seaside farms.
Never actually eaten at Locklears walked out of there twice.
Love "See Wee" another whole in the wall but great seafood!

Old 02-17-2011, 07:29 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,275,702 times
beachme, Sewee Outpost up in Awendaw?

Old 02-17-2011, 07:45 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,460,008 times
The Wreck is excellent, we go a couple times a year...

The Wreck of the Richard & Charlene Home

Locklears is great too...

RB's ok too

Old 02-18-2011, 04:54 PM

291 posts, read 545,791 times
I do not like The Wreck. The prices are not cheap no matter what anyone tells you. Also, the food is extremely lackluster...again, no matter what anyone tells you.

Pretty much the same experience I remember from the Seewee Restaurant up in Awendaw.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:09 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,929,507 times
My experience at the Wreck is similar to the above post. Nothing special, we left with much less $$$ than when we walked in, and were not impressed at all. We never plan on going back unless we're invited by someone else who offers to pick up the tab.

The place over in Awendaw...we went there about three years ago. Have never returned.

Strangely enough, we feel the exact same about the seafood over at Bowen's Island (not in, or even close, to MtP).

All three of these restaurants are a bit unique in their setups, tend to have very loyal followings, and nearly always receive excellent reviews...we just happen to feel the complete opposite and have made our one requisite visit to them all. In our opinions, they are quite mediocre and very expensive.

We have, however, had very pleasant meals over at Sullivan's located on Sullivan's Island. We do plan on frequenting this restaurant more in the future.

If you choose The Wreck or Seewee (or even Bowen's Isl.), I'm sure you will be satisfied. We are just a couple of people with differing opinions to the masses.

Have Fun!!!

Old 02-19-2011, 06:13 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,460,008 times
I agree SeeWee isn't much... and after thinking about it the last time I went to the wreck it wasn't as good as it had been, that was about a year or so ago

they used to only take cash and no reservations, now they've gone commercial and take plastic and reservations... like many other places it's probably changed for good..

Bowens Is is only good for their oysters, the rest of their food isn't that good IMHO

my family likes the way I cook seafood better than any of the restaurants around here, so we rarely eat seafood out anymore... we need to try Sullivans...

Old 02-19-2011, 08:21 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,622,989 times
Im not a big fan of the wreck. Ive been about three times and didn't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area