Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 05:22 PM

26 posts, read 122,622 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know a decent headhunter/recruiter in the Charleston area? My husband works in high tech/internet marketing and although we've seen some jobs, it would be great to speak with a headhunter. We're curious what the salary difference will be (Boston to Charleston). Also, what are the best job sites to look? There's the usual monster.com, hotjobs.com and Craigslist. We also found charlestonworks.com and charlestondigitalcorridor.com -- those are great too. Are there any others I'm missing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 07:34 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,663,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug123 View Post
Does anyone know a decent headhunter/recruiter in the Charleston area? My husband works in high tech/internet marketing and although we've seen some jobs, it would be great to speak with a headhunter. We're curious what the salary difference will be (Boston to Charleston). Also, what are the best job sites to look? There's the usual monster.com, hotjobs.com and Craigslist. We also found charlestonworks.com and charlestondigitalcorridor.com -- those are great too. Are there any others I'm missing?
While I cannot answer your question directly about a given profession, I know my daughter (from Marlboro, MA) fell in love with Charleston (especially the low home prices, low taxes, etc.). She took a few interviews in her field (Human Services) and the salaries were 1/3 to 1/2 less.

Her decision was to stay in the Boston area until she could "afford" to live here.....LOL

Old 03-17-2011, 10:28 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,591,759 times
I would try indeed.com and careerbuilder.com. You might also want to just find some big companies and email his resume. I am from Massachusetts and just started my new job in Charleston this week. I had more responses from Charleston than anywhere in Massachusetts when I was looking. You might be surprised at the pay. My pay cut was under a dollar per hour and I was getting paid pretty decent in MA.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:05 PM

12 posts, read 33,765 times
Default Did you husband end up getting a job in Charleston?

I too am in the high-tech IT industry and am looking to move to Charleston.

Did you find any good head hunters ?

Old 09-19-2012, 12:37 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,446,716 times
I have a few friends who are "headhunters" in other areas of the country, and they have said that the days of companies using headhunters are few and far between. Because of that, these friends are no longer doing the recruiting work full-time. With the economy the way it is, many companies don't want to pay the headhunter's fee; they would rather look for candidates themselves to save $$.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:53 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealDreamer View Post
I have a few friends who are "headhunters" in other areas of the country, and they have said that the days of companies using headhunters are few and far between. Because of that, these friends are no longer doing the recruiting work full-time. With the economy the way it is, many companies don't want to pay the headhunter's fee; they would rather look for candidates themselves to save $$.
Most of the IT companies around here just advertise on their own sites for positions. They don't even bother putting the search out further. I am guessing because they just figure people already know the companies and just do independent searches at those specific companies.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:51 AM

You're right, southbel. The internet has also made headhunters a thing of the past. Companies can advertise on their sites or on any number of job websites....for free. Why pay a headhunter to do it?

Old 09-20-2012, 07:14 AM

3,590 posts, read 4,350,387 times
Headhunters *could* do well in Charleston. A lot of finding a job in Charleston is who you know and the relationships you have/maintain. A headhunter with a solid reputation and network could do well, but they would probably need to get their fees from the job seeker.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:02 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,323,940 times
Had a head hunter call me this morning...

Old 09-20-2012, 10:47 AM

Well, the whole idea of the "headhunter" was for the hiring company to pay the finding fee. Few companies today will do that...they'd rather recruit on their own using the Internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area