Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 12:16 AM

8 posts, read 25,068 times

Advertisements

Ok, I've trolled the threads for about 6 days now and I have not seen any current info on the Boeing relocation package. If anyone is a NEW, NON-EXECUTIVE employee and has received some form of relocation assistance, could they please post it here.

I've seen tons of rumors and some outdated(2 years ago) info about Boeing relocation benefits being one of the best around.

I would be interested in knowing how they handle existing homes. I read on one forum where if your house doesn't sell within a specific time frame, Boeing will buy it from you.

Do they pay to move your stuff professionally, or just reimburse you for a U-Haul truck?

Do they allocate money for hotel accommodations until you find a house or rental?

Any other funds that I failed to mention.

Again, if someone has already covered this topic, please forgive me for repeating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 07:13 AM

259 posts, read 551,266 times
This all depends on the benefit package offered. There is no pat answer.

As for existing homes offers...it is well below even these dreadful market prices. I am aware of a situation that the company offered $50,000.00 below market. The party sold a few weeks later at $40,000.00 above the Boeing offer. The company does not want to hold onto real estate.

Read the contracts and offers carefully before accepting any offer.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:48 AM

5 posts, read 22,112 times
I was offered a level 3 engineering position last summer in Charleston (turned it down due to revolving shift) and have accepted a level 3 engineering position in Seattle. Neither relocation package offered any home sale assistance.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:26 PM

8 posts, read 25,068 times
Post Thanks

Thanks for the quick responses. If anyone has anymore info that would be helpful I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:39 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,605,326 times
Different packages for different people... I got 2 weeks hotel, and professional move, ship cars, and other good stuff... I probalby got one of the lower level relocation packages. They have all kinds of things if you move yourself, have to be a certain difference to ship a car, etc....

Don't know anything about home assistance, I know a few people from FL that are taking hits for the move.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 6,803 times
Default new to this

hello everyone, well just to let u no about myself and family. We live in fl now and my husband has a interview with Boeing coming up soon, i really hope he gets a job offer. any advise would greatly be appreciate it .. on the interview or moving to charleston, sc ... thanks in advance...

Old 05-29-2011, 07:02 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,261,411 times
Look back through the Boeing Interview thread and you will see interview recs.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 5,849 times
My husband is going to Charleston SC to interview for an assembler position at Boeing! We are super excited! If he gets the job we would eventually be relocating from the St Louis area with 2 small children when our house would sell. Anything anyone can tell us on interview details, transportation from airport to hotel to Boeing etc. would be great!

Old 07-22-2012, 04:24 PM

506 posts, read 1,020,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinluver View Post
My husband is going to Charleston SC to interview for an assembler position at Boeing! We are super excited! If he gets the job we would eventually be relocating from the St Louis area with 2 small children when our house would sell. Anything anyone can tell us on interview details, transportation from airport to hotel to Boeing etc. would be great!
I don't know if you have seen this thread or not:
//www.city-data.com/forum/charl...nterviews.html

Old 07-24-2012, 03:32 PM

209 posts, read 531,605 times
We didn't relo with Boeing, but I can tell you that if you think it's something you want and it's not in your package you can always ask for it.

For example, our package (hubby is a higher-level sales engineer for a chemical company) include 2 months of corporate housing and 2 months of storage of our household goods. We got them to increase it to 3 months for each. This amounted to an almost $2500 increase in the package! Also, make sure you get them "gross up" the benefits so that tax is added on to the amounts so that for stuff that's taxable you have the swag to pay the taxes when they come due.

Also, I was told that I had to use certain Realtors on both ends in order to qualify for our home sales assistance (approximately $10k, IIRC) but I had already picked out and interviewed agents (including DJ Shymansky from this site!). So, instead they asked each agent to sign an agreement to kick-back part of their commission to the relo company. It worked out fine and I got to work with the people that I wanted (especially important on the sales end since I needed an agent who was totally familiar with my neighborhood, not just some random agent from the metro area).

We also negotiated with my husband's boss about him just doing computer-based training in the evenings for the first week while we did househunting, since there was no real time built in for him to househunt.

There's lots of stuff online about negotiating relo packages, so take your time and do your research and don't be afraid to ask for more/different assistance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area