Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:53 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,066,596 times

Advertisements

Oh please.

You probably think it is fine that airport security agents pull aside little old ladies and 5 year olds and scan them separately and hand inspect their luggage.

A mother and her 4 year old child who come with a pass that costs $75 or whatever it is, in their family sedan, pose absolutely no threat to a county park.

If there is gang activity in the area, then target people who fit gang profiles. There was no need for the man to ask me THREE times how many people are in the car when he can plainly see for himself (as the window was rolled down).

As for whether it was humorous or not, maybe your funny bone is broken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 08:00 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,762,288 times
I had absolutely no idea there had been gang activity at James Island County Park! I have been going there since it opened and have never seen any kind of suspicious behavior at all. It's always been a seemingly safe, family atmosphere where we ride bikes, run, take my grandchildren to play on the playground, rent paddleboats and kayaks, go to Splash Zone, and to the Festival of Lights. When was gang activity seen?

Old 04-06-2011, 08:01 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Oh please.

You probably think it is fine that airport security agents pull aside little old ladies and 5 year olds and scan them separately and hand inspect their luggage.

A mother and her 4 year old child who come with a pass that costs $75 or whatever it is, in their family sedan, pose absolutely no threat to a county park.

If there is gang activity in the area, then target people who fit gang profiles. There was no need for the man to ask me THREE times how many people are in the car when he can plainly see for himself (as the window was rolled down).

As for whether it was humorous or not, maybe your funny bone is broken.

You are about as off base as one can get......you want to talk government then feel free to DM me.

Target people who look it? Seriously????? LOL!!!!!
Like I said those people were doing their JOB, you were not singled out as pointed out to you, don't like how things were handled pick up the phone and call CCPR and tell them and ask why, don't cry victim. Do something about it!

Old 04-06-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
I had absolutely no idea there had been gang activity at James Island County Park! I have been going there since it opened and have never seen any kind of suspicious behavior at all. It's always been a seemingly safe, family atmosphere where we ride bikes, run, take my grandchildren to play on the playground, rent paddleboats and kayaks, go to Splash Zone, and to the Festival of Lights. When was gang activity seen?

Who said there was gang activity at JICP?

Old 04-06-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
You are about as off base as one can get......you want to talk government then feel free to DM me.

Target people who look it? Seriously????? LOL!!!!!
Like I said those people were doing their JOB, you were not singled out as pointed out to you, don't like how things were handled pick up the phone and call CCPR and tell them and ask why, don't cry victim. Do something about it!
I am not crying victim.

I just think it completely odd that it would be so difficult to gain entry into a county park to which one has purchased a pass.

As mentioned in my OP, I do not have this same problem at the other parks I frequent.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I am not crying victim.

I just think it completely odd that it would be so difficult to gain entry into a county park to which one has purchased a pass.

As mentioned in my OP, I do not have this same problem at the other parks I frequent.
If you are so bothered by it then why have you not called them and asked just what the deal is??

Old 04-06-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
If you are so bothered by it then why have you not called them and asked just what the deal is??
Obviously, because I am too busy *itching about it on CD.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Obviously, because I am too busy *itching about it on CD.

LOL!!!! Ok, that's productive.
Seriously though we have a friend who works PT with them, I will ask him about it and post back.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:33 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times
If government workers "job description" is to harass private citizens living in what is supposed to be a FREE country, who are obviously posing no threat, then there" jobs" should be eliminated.

Remember it is the private sector who pays the wages of these government workers.

(Some of you are probably thinking ," Government workers pay taxes too,". Those of you who think that don't seem to understand that when a government worker makes $60K a year and pays $20k in taxes, it is the PRIVATE SECTOR that has to come up with the $40k difference. If the private sector worker in a similar occupation makes only $30k gross, the private sector can NOT continue to support such a giant sized government. It makes no sense in any way shape or form.

Right now, for those of you who don't know, the Government is 2 times as big as the private sector. It makes no economic sense whatsoever to have let the government get so bloated.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:37 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,762,288 times
Quote:
Who said there was gang activity at JICP?
You did in the second post of this thread. Well, actually it was "gang-type" activity. Maybe I misunderstood, but that's the way I read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area